Windows 10: windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart

Discus and support windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows does not close programs when I do a shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HoraceLee1, Jun 18, 2019.

1. windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart

windows does not close programs when I do a shutdown

:)

HoraceLee1, Jun 18, 2019
  2. Ztruker Win User

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Create a shortcut on the desktop that has this in it:

shutdown /f /r /t 0

/f = Force running applications to close without forewarning users.
    /r = Full shutdown and restart the computer.
    /t 0 = Set the time-out period before shutdown to 0 seconds (immediate restart).

Enter shutdown /? from a Command Prompt for the full list of options.

I think you're better off to wait a bit and let the programs and services close on their own, If they don't after 30 seconds or so then force them closed.

Ztruker, Jun 18, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 18, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart

1. windows 10 doesn't close opened programs when I do a shutdown and restart - Similar Threads - doesn't close opened

2. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  3. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  4. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows restarts when I shutdown

Windows restarts when I shutdown: hello last summer it happened the 1st time. when I want to shutdown my laptop with Windows 10 all updates done regularly, it restarts. over and over. it drives me crazy.I searched on google and tried all the solutions, it worked for 1-2 months, after that, it starts again. so...
  6. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: hello last summer it happened the 1st time. when I want to shutdown my laptop with Windows 10 all updates done regularly, it restarts. over and over. it drives me crazy.I searched on google and tried all the solutions, it worked for 1-2 months, after that, it starts again. so...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart: Hi, I usually do hibernate my PC until I have recently noticed the problem that my PC is not shutting down or restarts, no matter whatever ways I tried. It goes to display like "Shutting Down"or "Restarting" and then it stalls. I have kept it for hours, but no change, which...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart: I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I...
  9. mikrosoft programs close when opened

mikrosoft programs close when opened: so i have gotten a problem with my microsoft programs, like calculator, the mail program, and one note(these are the one i have tryed) i have had this problem for over 2 months now. it dosn't have huge effekts on y life but, it has some annoying parts....
  10. Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is caching all programs open on shutdown/restart: Hi, I can't seem to find anything on the topic that I am having problems with so please bear with me. On my old machine during restarts my computer would close all apps and services that were not part of startup, an example is having chrome browser open at the time of...