Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a little problem. Every time I boot my laptop (or restart it) I need to manually connect to a Wi-Fi network thought I've checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rypz79, Apr 22, 2019.

1. rypz79 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network

Hi,

I have a little problem.
    Every time I boot my laptop (or restart it) I need to manually connect to a Wi-Fi network thought I've checked the "connect automatically" box.

Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network [​IMG]

I tried to "forget" and reconnect to that network and still got the same result after a boot/restart.
    I'm almost sure it goes for every Wi-Fi network it remembers.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

:)

rypz79, Apr 22, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 22, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi, which build of Windows are you using? (Windows key + R, winver).

Note that Wi-fi sense has been withdrawn... so I wonder if you're using an older build?
    Microsoft Quietly Kills Controversial Wi-Fi Sense Feature | The first stop for security news | Threatpost

Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network [​IMG]

Do you have 'Connect to suggested open hotspots' off?
    That said, 'Learn more' gives this somewhat confusing page which seems relevant:
    Windows 10 open Wi-Fi hotspots – Microsoft privacy

dalchina, Apr 22, 2019
  4. jj2016 Win User

Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

Every time I started my computer, my wi-fi adapter would connect to the wi-fi network automatically. But now, I have to enter the password and connect manually every time I login to my computer. Even if I check "Connect Automatically" it doesn't help.

Tried the following, still isn't working.

Fix: Windows 10 will not connect to WIFI Automatically - Appuals.com

jj2016, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network - Similar Threads - doesn't connect automatically

2. Wi-Fi not connected automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not connected automatically: My PC is wirelessly connected to the wifi. I am using Windows 10 20H2, however, it no longer automatically connects when I restart or boot my compmuter. Can anyone help me with this? Thank yo...
  3. Wi-Fi not connected automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi not connected automatically: My PC is wirelessly connected to the wifi. I am using Windows 10 20H2, however, it no longer automatically connects when I restart or boot my compmuter. Can anyone help me with this? Thank yo...
  4. Wi-Fi not connected automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Stop Windows 10 from Connecting Automatically to a Wi-Fi Network

in Windows 10 News
    Stop Windows 10 from Connecting Automatically to a Wi-Fi Network: Wi-Fi is the most popular wireless device among users because of its convenience and cost-efficiency features. WiFi profiles saved in the system will automatically get connected once in range but this loved feature comes with many disadvantages and threats. The wired...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore.

Windows 10 doesn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore.: Yeah, so this problem has been going on for at least a week or two now, but I didn't start fixing it until about five days ago. Or at least I tried to, all to no avail. Before this, my computer did disconnect to Wi-Fi numerous times before, and I wouldn't be able to get...
  7. Wi-Fi connects automatically

Wi-Fi connects automatically: I had yesterday updated to Windows 10 Pro 1903 and the problem was that I used the ALFA adapter to strengthen the WiFi but after the update i got the WiFi computer that automatically communicates with the ALFA and when i disconnect the WiFi device also disconnect the ALFA...
  8. Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi

Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi: When my PC wakes up, the Wi-Fi connects automatically even though “Connect automatically when in range” is off. This happens even if the PC was disconnected from the Wi-Fi before it went into sleep mode. How can the automatic connection be stopped?...
  9. Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks: Hi, I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for... PROBLEM: When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a...
  10. Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically: Every time I started my computer, my wi-fi adapter would connect to the wi-fi network automatically. But now, I have to enter the password and connect manually every time I login to my computer. Even if I check "Connect Automatically" it doesn't help. Tried the following,...