Windows 10: Windows 10 doesnt connect my old external HDD

Discus and support Windows 10 doesnt connect my old external HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to connect my old IOmega HDD. Win 10 doesn't even recognise it. Don't have the drive drivers available anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HiteshSethi, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 doesnt connect my old external HDD

How to connect my old IOmega HDD. Win 10 doesn't even recognise it. Don't have the drive drivers available anywhere

:)

HiteshSethi, Aug 24, 2018

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Aug 24, 2018
  3. keakar Win User
    Hvaing Problems with Old External HDD

its not easy to say without running a diagnostic test to see how it does.

i would suggest you take the drive out of the external case and hook it up inside your pc and test it that way so you can eliminate the chance it is the external case that is the problem. sometimes the connections inside the external cases can be bad.

keakar, Aug 24, 2018
  4. dermy Win User

Windows 10 doesnt connect my old external HDD

External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 doesnt connect my old external HDD

1. Windows 10 doesnt connect my old external HDD - Similar Threads - doesnt connect old

2. My external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external HDD: My external HDD is no longer listed on my files menu. It used to be fully accessible under the "F Drive". But now I can't gain access to any of my files that are on it. It doesn't show up under drives anymore, instead, it's under devices and printers. Is it possible I loaded...
  3. My external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external HDD: My external HDD is no longer listed on my files menu. It used to be fully accessible under the "F Drive". But now I can't gain access to any of my files that are on it. It doesn't show up under drives anymore, instead, it's under devices and printers. Is it possible I loaded...
  4. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  5. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  6. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. no connect external hdd cause bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no connect external hdd cause bsod: hi, my laptop connect external hdd via usb3.0 everything works fine, but no connect external hdd will cause bsod. I already update latest version of intel driver dump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkO_gpBnT93mg0-afcWWElU6QBEt?e=BRH0jk...
  8. Old external HDD not recognized in new PC

Old external HDD not recognized in new PC: I have an old external HDD Iomega with a Seagate drive ST3320820A. It works perfectly well connected to an old PC already too slow that I wish to discard. However when HDD is connected to a new PC it is not recognized. It seems the HDD doesn't exist. It should be noted that...
  9. Failure to Boot Windows 10 with external USB HDD connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure to Boot Windows 10 with external USB HDD connected: This is being posted as an additional answer for a problem that a closed thread helped me solve: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-boot-windows-10-with-external-hard-drive/bebed3d3-eddd-4132-b7bd-d5335945e981 I was having this issue with my...
  10. Windows 10 can't connect with external HDD

Windows 10 can't connect with external HDD: Hi, I have an issue on connecting the external HDD through USB. I've checked the HDD on other PC. It has no issue. But, when I'm trying to connect the HDD to the Laptop, it always reconnecting and at the end, the Laptop is not able to connect with the external HDD....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sabrent 4 port usb