Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore.

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yeah, so this problem has been going on for at least a week or two now, but I didn't start fixing it until about five days ago. Or at least I tried to,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ImMicrohard, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 doesn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore.

Yeah, so this problem has been going on for at least a week or two now, but I didn't start fixing it until about five days ago. Or at least I tried to, all to no avail.

Before this, my computer did disconnect to Wi-Fi numerous times before, and I wouldn't be able to get back online unless I restarted, and then after the restart, the problem would be resolved. To be fair, I guess maybe the reasoning for this is because my PC is just constantly slow, I'm not even sure how old it is because I just found it somewhere. It's a Compaq Presario CQ57 laptop that previously had Windows 7 installed on it, but it has since been updated to 10 so, maybe 2009-2011?

It all started a couple of nights ago when the Wi-Fi disconnected again I think this happens around the nighttime, say 12am maybe?. So I go and restart just because, and I find out that the little globe with the "no" symbol is still there after the restart. I just said "whatever", and turned it off for the night. Then a few days later I turn it back on and the "Not Connected" is still there. I click on it, and there are no networks listed at all, and the "Wi-Fi" and "Mobile hotspot" options are gone. And the airplane mode option is also grayed out.

So I went on the network and internet settings to see what I could find. I tried troubleshooting, it wasn't really no help as it just told me to plug an Ethernet cable into the computer. On "Change adapter settings", Ethernet sure enough is the only thing that comes up on the list. No Wi-Fi at all. I do have a router with an Ethernet cable it's connected to a cable box, though, so I eventually went and plugged it in to the computer, and I was somehow back online. Apparently, another person who also had this problem plugged in an Ethernet cable to the PC, and somehow the Wi-Fi networks came back up for them. That WAS the whole reason why I plugged a cable to the computer and, ultimately, it didn't work. Additionally I also fiddled with the sharing options, and it was also no help.

After about a whole day of trying to fix the problem, I figured a system restore would solve it once and for all. So I went back to a date before this occurred, and it didn't help at all. Matter of fact, it made things even worse because when I tried to log in about an hour later I went somewhere and closed the PC for a while, the "background" for the login screen went blue, as in the screen when the PC shuts down, and sure enough the PC restarted. And it wouldn't boot at all. It just tried to "repair" itself, and I couldn't even get into the system anymore because it kept taking me to the recover option screen. Thankfully, I downloaded an ISO, reinstalled Windows 10 and the system boots fine now, so never mind this.

The only problem however, the PC STILL can't connect to Wi-Fi. So finally, I've seen many answers about going into the Device Manager, so I go check it out. There was this Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter thing that I uninstalled, and then I tried to install another Wi-Fi driver that hopefully solved the problem. Despite downloading it and setting it up twice I downloaded it via phone, then connected the phone to the PC and copied the files to the computer, it still did no effect to my computer at all. The driver I downloaded was "REALTEK SD Wireless LAN Driver" from the HP site HP and Compaq are the same company. On second thought though, the driver doesn't even show up in the Device Manager, so maybe that could be it? Or maybe I just downloaded the wrong one altogether?

So, there IS a Wi-Fi button on the computer, but pressing it does nothing, it just stays orange no matter what I never even paid attention to the light before, so I probably can't confirm if it's broken or not, but I do swear it was still orange even when it was connected. And no it's not a problem with the router at all, everything else still connects fine, except this PC which only seems to respond to Ethernet.

How else can I fix this?

:)

ImMicrohard, Mar 3, 2020

2. WIN phone 8.1 update -> wi-fi doesn´t work

Hello!

Yesterday I installed WP 8.1 (Nokia Lumia 625). After updating my wi-fi doesn´t work anymore. The phone finds networks, but can´t connect. Where is the problem?

green-heart, Mar 3, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 doesn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore.

Marivel Man, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore.

1. Windows 10 doesn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore. - Similar Threads - doesn't connect anymore

2. Windows 10 No Wi-Fi connection,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 No Wi-Fi connection,: I have a HP main frame computer and laptop. Both with windows 10. My ISP is sky and is wireless connection. I have wireless connection on the laptop but no internet connection on the main frame. Have done all the usual problem solving as per windows 10 instructions. I...
  3. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10: submitted by /u/Mc_King_95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytajg/wifi_not_connecting_in_windows_10/
  4. Windows 10 'Wi-FI' Connectivity!

Windows 10 'Wi-FI' Connectivity!: The Question was "No WIFI networks are shown, I mean WIFI adapter shows no WIFI networks even though it is enabled". Even I had the same question and problem but after trying all methods found a solution!! Here's how: Step 1: Open Control Panel and go to Network and...
  5. Wi- Fi connection on Windows 10

Wi- Fi connection on Windows 10: Hello and thanks to those who replied to my earlier post about getting wi-fi set up. I've now bought a Max Digi dongle and downloaded the driver from Realteck. My PC recognises these but still won't connect up. I suspect that the problem is Windows Defender since the shield...
  6. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network

Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network: Hi, I have a little problem. Every time I boot my laptop (or restart it) I need to manually connect to a Wi-Fi network thought I've checked the "connect automatically" box. [img] I tried to "forget" and reconnect to that network and still got the same result after a...
  8. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  9. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  10. No Wi-Fi connection Window 10

No Wi-Fi connection Window 10: Hi, I have no Wi-Fi connection, and when I check IP Configuration it states...................... Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi : Media state......................................... : Media disconnected Connection Specific DNS Suffix : Wireless LAN adapter Local Area...