Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I install multiple versions of same software, it should create subfolders in startmenu (it works in Win7). Is there any setting in Win10 that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gaurav_kotkar, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder

When I install multiple versions of same software, it should create subfolders in startmenu (it works in Win7).

Is there any setting in Win10 that I need to enable for it?

:)

Gaurav_kotkar, Aug 16, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Archive Manager, can't extract without creating subfolder

I am trying to extract an archive which contains an archive split into multiple files and for that I need Archive Manager to extract the first archive not in any subfolders.

I read on the internet that if there is more than one file in the archive Archive Manager will automatically create a subfolder when extracting, now I think that there should certainly be an option for that too but there should not be only this default option available because now I can't extract a few archives without automatically creating subfolders.

I do not want subfolders because then the second archive won't be able to extract contents because the second archive is split into more files (which depend on each other) and now all these files are in its own subfolder instead of the same folder.

I used to this with ease with 7-Zip and Winrar on Windows but in Archive Manager there is no such a choice where you choose yourself whether you want it extracted to subfolder or not in a subfolder.

Uplink10, Aug 16, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder

1. Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder - Similar Threads - doesn't create startmenu

2. OneDrive creates a Desktop subfolder on my PC desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive creates a Desktop subfolder on my PC desktop in Windows 10: Hello,Every time my Desktop and Documents sync to OneDrive, OneDrive creates a subfolder called Desktop on my Desktop, i.e., Desktop > Desktop. The subfolder is empty. The full path to that subfolder is: My computer name\Users\my name\OneDrive\Desktop\file folder, where file...
  3. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  4. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  5. Creating Subfolders in MS edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Subfolders in MS edge: I have windows 10 on my desktop and have no problems creating subfolders. On my new laptop and I cannot find a way of creating new folders so I can move mail from the inbox.The article you have given to previous users which I have read does not solve the problem. What is the...
  6. Creating Subfolders in MS edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Subfolders in MS edge: I have windows 10 on my desktop and have no problems creating subfolders. On my new laptop and I cannot find a way of creating new folders so I can move mail from the inbox.The article you have given to previous users which I have read does not solve the problem. What is the...
  7. Document folder and automatically created subfolders

Document folder and automatically created subfolders: Hi all, In my Documents folder, Windows automatically creates a Picture, Music, Videos and Downloads subfolder. I can sometimes delete these subfolders and sometimes I can't. However, whether I delete or move the subfolders, Windows will automatically recreate them in the...
  8. WinRAR cannot create subfolder

WinRAR cannot create subfolder: Strange one, never seen it before. I have a .zip file, which opens with WinRAR, let's call it archive.zip. It resides in a subfolder with all my other archives of this type, let's call it\zipfiles. I go to extract all the files in the archive, using all default...
  9. Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu: Hi, I just published an app to create tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu. It's called "Better StartMenu". You can try it for free. Better StartMenu Here's Windows Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH1XTDX Here's a screenshot of what you can do...
  10. Installer doesn't have permission to write to the startmenu located..

in Windows 10 Support
    Installer doesn't have permission to write to the startmenu located..: Installer doesn't have permission to write to the startmenu located in C:\ProgramData\Start Menu Avg & some other software wouldn't install at all, tell I used the take ownership registry file. I also notice, Windows updates keep not getting installed. I had to keep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 subfolders start menu

2. create subfolder in windows 10

3. windows 10 start menu subfolders

4. windows 10 new installation shortcuts doesnt create