Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't De-bounce Mouse Clicks

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't De-bounce Mouse Clicks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the last year I have had to replace 3 or 4 mice because they have developed a strange problem where one or more buttons will double-click every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarbonBasedLife, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 doesn't De-bounce Mouse Clicks

In the last year I have had to replace 3 or 4 mice because they have developed a strange problem where one or more buttons will double-click every time they are pressed. This has never happened to me in the past 25+ years of using windows and then multiple times in one year.

I think the reason for this is a change in some part of Windows 10's mouse click handling code. I think this because I am not the only person on the internet who has been having trouble with this lately, having never had the problem before. Some people are having this problem on brand new computers. One of my malfunctioning mice is less than a year old.

I see from previous threads that this has been identified as a hardware issue in the past. This conclusion could only be reached by someone who doesn't understand what de-bouncing is. Contact bounce can be a problem even with a brand new button. Amateur Arduino products often have de-bounce code, it is trivial to write.

This is a regression of the Windows code base, it really should be addressed.

:)

CarbonBasedLife, Jan 21, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't De-bounce Mouse Clicks [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 doesn't De-bounce Mouse Clicks

Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't De-bounce Mouse Clicks

1. Windows 10 doesn't De-bounce Mouse Clicks - Similar Threads - doesn't bounce Mouse

2. RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR: Right click mouse doesn't work on taskbar. I'm using WIN 10 and my HP ZBOOK is current on all updates.HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-doesnt-work-on-taskbar/1ffb5587-5880-4ab4-844a-d362b86af763
  3. Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work: Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone...
  4. Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked

Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked: Hello, I recently noticed a problem when playing games, that when I click mouse and press a key on keyboard it doesn't work. Also, if you press a key quickly after mouse click it doesn't work as well. What is more weird is that this behaviour varies by application. 1....
  5. Mouse doesn't click sometimes

Mouse doesn't click sometimes: I have an issue with my mouse where it won't click sometimes, unless I ctrl+alt+delete+esc. But when I hop on a game if functions fine. Can anybody help me please? I also recently rebooted my pc recently and this has been happening before I did it....
  6. Mouse Left Click doesn't work

Mouse Left Click doesn't work: I am on a Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The left click on the mouse is not working when click on window pane buttons or when selecting items in start menu, or when pressing options like task manager after pressing ctrl-alt-delete. The weird thing is the...
  7. Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore

Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore: Hi I bought a new MICROSOFT wireless mouse and keyboard, and I can't get the mouse's right click to work. Oddly, it seems to think there are two mouse devices connected: I get this error if I look at the mouse, the keyboard works fine. Log Name:...
  8. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop: My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any...
  9. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop: My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any...
  10. Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click

Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click: I have a brand new asus laptop, and i can move the mouse, but it won't click, the button nor the sensor register a click. i am currently using a old corded mouse i had. please help. 13193