Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't finish the update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10.0.18356.1 and try to update to Windows 10.0.18362.1. The system is going through "configuring update", then through "getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NikolaMiljevski, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

Hello,

I have Windows 10.0.18356.1 and try to update to Windows 10.0.18362.1. The system is going through "configuring update", then through "getting things ready" and then suddenly restarts and logs to my account, without finishing the update. It says that update failed and gives this code: 0x80242016.

Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem?

Sincerely,

Nikola

:)

NikolaMiljevski, Mar 31, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 31, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

Windows 10 update doesn't work

Is this the only Windows 10 device u have that fails to update?

puma99dk|, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

1. Windows 10 doesn't finish the update - Similar Threads - doesn't finish update

2. windows update 100%, but update not finish

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 100%, but update not finish: 100% from 4 hours ago[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-100-but-update-not-finish/0f698b31-187b-44fc-91e6-f8774bfe6f3a
  3. Getting update of Windows 10 to finish install

Getting update of Windows 10 to finish install: The install will not complete because of "incompatibility" with the AVG app and I am being instructed to "uninstall" the AVG app, BUT that app is NOT on my computer! Help, please....
  4. Update finished...yay

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update finished...yay: Thanks folks 19 hours later and update is finished*Mad2 138769
  5. Couldnt finish installing updates

Couldnt finish installing updates: Cannot do updates to Windows 10 Version 1809 x64 based systems. Error 0x80240034 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-finish-installing-updates/5a35103c-ac60-4a54-a503-935c04adbd45
  6. Windows 10 Update never finishing

Windows 10 Update never finishing: I have built a computer recently, and when installing drivers, my GPU's drivers were not compatible with my version of Windows. Going to Settings, I saw that windows needed an update. Although I thought this was peculiar, as I had just installed Windows, I started updating....
  7. Cannot finish Update to Windows 10 version 1803

Cannot finish Update to Windows 10 version 1803: Receive message that install of update to windows 10 version 1803 can't complete because app, Avira AntiVir couldn't be uninstalled. When I go to uninstall manually this app, it is not found. I am unable to install other apps that I need because of this. How do I resolve?...
  8. Can't finish update - Windows 10

Can't finish update - Windows 10: My Dell laptop has limited memory and storage. Trying to install latest "Quality" updates but system is apparently locked up trying to update the very large version 1803,, which I don't care about. How can I stop the install of 1803 and get the other downloads? See three...
  9. Laptop doesn't finish to shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't finish to shutdown: Hello, after doing a windows update some weeks ago, my laptop startet to not shutdown properly: simply it remains on the screen "windows is shutting down" forever (I left it there a whole night but nothing changed) I tried already some solutions found on the web like...
  10. Finished Windows 10 updates, now nothing works

in Windows 10 Support
    Finished Windows 10 updates, now nothing works: Did windows 10 updates on my Lenovo idea pad laptop this morning and now have myriad of problems. Look everywhere for solutions, tried multiple restarts, nothing works. 1. Cannot connect to internet. Can't even access network or connection screens through control panel or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot finish update