Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't finish the update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10.0.18356.1 and try to update to Windows 10.0.18362.1. The system is going through "configuring update", then through "getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NikolaMiljevski, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

Hello,

I have Windows 10.0.18356.1 and try to update to Windows 10.0.18362.1. The system is going through "configuring update", then through "getting things ready" and then suddenly restarts and logs to my account, without finishing the update. It says that update failed and gives this code: 0x80242016.

Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem?

Sincerely,

Nikola

:)

NikolaMiljevski, Mar 31, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 31, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

Windows 10 update doesn't work

Is this the only Windows 10 device u have that fails to update?

puma99dk|, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

1. Windows 10 doesn't finish the update - Similar Threads - doesn't finish update

2. In windows updates, when I check for updates there is this one that doesn't finish and is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows updates, when I check for updates there is this one that doesn't finish and is...: this hawlett packard thing wont go away and i dont know if its affecting my laptop or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-updates-when-i-check-for-updates-there/9ea90ead-adc6-49b9-99f7-5883a7c2dc95
  3. In windows updates, when I check for updates there is this one that doesn't finish and is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows updates, when I check for updates there is this one that doesn't finish and is...: this hawlett packard thing wont go away and i dont know if its affecting my laptop or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-updates-when-i-check-for-updates-there/9ea90ead-adc6-49b9-99f7-5883a7c2dc95
  4. Windows 10 update won't finish.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update won't finish.: When I check for updates, an update for antivirus pops up and automatically downloads and installs, but doesn't say anything about restarting the device. Then when it finishes installing supposedly, I check for updates again and it says I'm all up to date. However, after...
  5. Windows 10 update will not finish.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update will not finish.: my latest update will not complete and removes it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-will-not-finish/cd65261d-4cb0-47e4-bbf8-c665cd67a6e0
  6. Windows 10 update will not finish.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 update will not finish.: my latest update will not complete and removes it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-10-update-will-not-finish/cd65261d-4cb0-47e4-bbf8-c665cd67a6e0
  7. Update KB5001330 doesn't finish Reboot pending

Update KB5001330 doesn't finish Reboot pending: Hi, I'm having a problem with the update KB5001330. I've installed it and now he asks me to reboot. But rebooting doesn't change anything, he still want's to reboot after that. How can I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 Update does not finish updates

Windows 10 Update does not finish updates: Windows Update always says that 2 updates are needed, but everytime i download them and restart the computer, they never finish, and that causes my pc to last up to an hour to turn on and off. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Update never finishing

Windows 10 Update never finishing: I have built a computer recently, and when installing drivers, my GPU's drivers were not compatible with my version of Windows. Going to Settings, I saw that windows needed an update. Although I thought this was peculiar, as I had just installed Windows, I started updating....
  10. Laptop doesn't finish to shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't finish to shutdown: Hello, after doing a windows update some weeks ago, my laptop startet to not shutdown properly: simply it remains on the screen "windows is shutting down" forever (I left it there a whole night but nothing changed) I tried already some solutions found on the web like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot finish update