Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer does not go to sleep mode for some reason. I can get it to sleep mode manually but it doesn't do it automatically like it shows in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by masamunekw, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep

My computer does not go to sleep mode for some reason. I can get it to sleep mode manually but it doesn't do it automatically like it shows in the power option that I had set to 5 minutes. The display does turn off on its own. its just the that the PC wont go to sleep mode on its own.
    These are my specs:
    Mobo - ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1
    CPU - Intel i7-6700K
    RAM - Kingston HyperX FURY Black 32GB
    Storage - Intel 705 series SSD
    GPU - EVGA GTX 980
    Any info or help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

masamunekw, Jun 10, 2016

2. Screen Saver and sleep mode not working windows 10

I can not keep my screen saver on my HP from going to sleep after 2 minutes. Tried to change the sleep to 30. The computer doesn't go to sleep just the screen saver. Frustrated with Windows 10

KarolLeisy, Jun 10, 2016
  3. Sleep mode in Windows 10

I just installed Windows 10 on my Dell XPS desktop. With Windows 8, I had created a desktop icon to go to sleep mode but it doesn't work now. When I go to the Windows icon, the power button does not list sleep mode as an option as it did with Windows
    8. How do I initiate sleep mode now in Windows 10?

Phil Freeman, Jun 10, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep

Found this in a Win 7 thread, may still apply:

Wireless card Power Saving option set "Always On" in the Advanced tab in Device Manager.

Ztruker, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep

1. Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep - Similar Threads - doesn't sleep

2. Xbox series x controller doesn't open game bar after pc is awaken from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox series x controller doesn't open game bar after pc is awaken from sleep: When I press the Xbox button on the Xbox series x controller after the pc is been awaken from sleep or hibernation, it is unresponsive. I have to restart the pc to make it work again. the share button functions also don't work....
  3. Xbox series x controller doesn't open game bar after pc is awaken from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox series x controller doesn't open game bar after pc is awaken from sleep: When I press the Xbox button on the Xbox series x controller after the pc is been awaken from sleep or hibernation, it is unresponsive. I have to restart the pc to make it work again. the share button functions also don't work....
  4. My laptop Windows 11 doesn't go to sleep automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop Windows 11 doesn't go to sleep automatically.: The model is ROG Flow X13. I've already set the settings so that it goes to sleep after 1 minute on battery power / 3 minutes when plugged in, but it doesn't do this. What do I do beyond this?...
  5. My laptop Windows 11 doesn't go to sleep automatically.

My laptop Windows 11 doesn't go to sleep automatically.: The model is ROG Flow X13. I've already set the settings so that it goes to sleep after 1 minute on battery power / 3 minutes when plugged in, but it doesn't do this. What do I do beyond this?...
  6. Sleep option doesn't appear in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option doesn't appear in control panel: The sleep button was missing, I did my research and in Control Panel -> System and Security -> Power Option -> Choose what the powers buttons do -> should apear to me and the option o sleep, at the bottom. The other thing is that when the sleep time pases the screen doesn't...
  7. Sleep option doesn't appear in control panel

Sleep option doesn't appear in control panel: The sleep button was missing, I did my research and in Control Panel -> System and Security -> Power Option -> Choose what the powers buttons do -> should apear to me and the option o sleep, at the bottom. The other thing is that when the sleep time pases the screen doesn't...
  8. Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11

Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11: My relatively new 2 months Windows 11 computer would previously go to sleep after the timeout set in power plan, but recently it no longer goes to sleep at timeout. However, I have the computer set to go to sleep when I press the power switch, and this works....
  9. Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11: My relatively new 2 months Windows 11 computer would previously go to sleep after the timeout set in power plan, but recently it no longer goes to sleep at timeout. However, I have the computer set to go to sleep when I press the power switch, and this works....
  10. PC doesn't go to sleep mode but only turns screen off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't go to sleep mode but only turns screen off: I've recently started experiencing this problem and I just can't seem to fix it, I've watched many tutorials on YouTube and the problem still resumes, my computer just doesn't turn off when I put it to sleep mode and only turns off the screen but once I move my mouse, it...