Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't let me change jpg file associations ~ video

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't let me change jpg file associations ~ video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to use another program to view jpg. When I do view this file with this program, it doesn't change it. When I try to change in configuration, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ironfist, Nov 10, 2018.

1. ironfist Win User

Windows 10 doesn't let me change jpg file associations ~ video

I want to use another program to view jpg. When I do view this file with this program, it doesn't change it. When I try to change in configuration, it doesn't modify.

windows 10 file association modification - YouTube

:)

ironfist, Nov 10, 2018

2. How to change HTML File Associations from Edge to IE in Windows 10?

Hi,

I realize that you want to change HTML File Associations from Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Follow these steps to make changes in the Control Panel and check if that helps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Default programs.

• Click on Associated a file type with a program.

• Scroll down to select HTML file and click on change program.

• Select Internet Explorer and click ok.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Bill_VA2 Win User

Latest WIndows 10 Update Changes File Associations

I'm about to lose my mind and patience with this issue. I've reset the file association via every way possible and still the file associations for Edge keep coming back, sometimes even minutes after I've changed it. In particular with these file types
    and associations:

• graphic files like png, jpg, gif - I have resurrected Window Photo Viewer and associated these file types with it, but Windows 10 keeps changing them back to the Photos app
    • mp3 files - I changed them to Windows Media Player, but Windows 10 keeps changing them back to Groove Music
    • htm and html files - I changed to open with Chrome, but Windows 10 keeps changing them back to open with Edge
    • pdf files - I changed to open with Acrobat Pro, but Windows 10 keeps changing them back to open with Edge

OMG!!!! When I started typing this, I changed the file association for .pdf files to Acrobat, and just now after proofing this post, they're reset to open with Edge!!!!

Come on Microsoft, quit screwing with us and leave the file associations alone!!!!

Bill_VA2, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 doesn't let me change jpg file associations ~ video - Similar Threads - doesn't let change

2. Unable to associate .jpg files with an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to associate .jpg files with an app: I have Windows 11 home. I have many image files on a flash drive some of which are .jpg files. In Control Panel there is no .jpg entry for me to change the default application. Also, when I right click on the file, click More Options, click Open With, then Irfanview, there is...
  3. Unable to associate .jpg files with an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to associate .jpg files with an app: I have Windows 11 home. I have many image files on a flash drive some of which are .jpg files. In Control Panel there is no .jpg entry for me to change the default application. Also, when I right click on the file, click More Options, click Open With, then Irfanview, there is...
  4. Windows Doesn't Let's Me Install Video Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Doesn't Let's Me Install Video Driver.: A week before I had the problem of windows crashing which let me to re-install windows on my laptop. Today when i installed Win 10 Home Single Language v1809 its literally crashes while installing GPU Drivers. I have dual GPU in My Laptop one is Intel Integrated and the other...
  5. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  6. Pc doesn't let me in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc doesn't let me in: When i turn on pc, tha4 says if you want continue you need to log in with administrator account,but problem is that i don't have any accounts in problem. So im stuck. This all is after hard reset....
  7. Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop: Hello Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop The old association returns Always the files association with Paint 3D or Photos in Win10 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It does not happen in both ways Thank you...
  8. Changing file association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing file association: Adobe acrobat reader is associated with ascm files. I need to change the association so that I can open an ascm file with Adobe digital reader so that I can read a book. Thanks...
  9. file association change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file association change: v 1607 just installed, Microsoft keeps wanting to change from libre office to wordpad, win patrol cancels it but it keeps trying to change file association how do I stop taht 63644
  10. No jpg file association ?

in Windows 10 Support
    No jpg file association ?: I double clicked on xxx.jpg and LibreOffice opened. I wanted to change the program to IrfanView. I went in through Start > search > associations. How could they screw that up ? 10703

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 jpg file association

2. windows 10 jpg file association

3. win 10 doesnt change file association

4. win 10 will not let file association change,
  5. windows 10 change file jpg not possible