Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't like this particular USB device (driver problem?)

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't like this particular USB device (driver problem?) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It all happened after I've woke up my laptop from few hours of sleep - everything was working except my wired USB mouse - Natec Genesis 190. This mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimmy0aleos, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 doesn't like this particular USB device (driver problem?)

It all happened after I've woke up my laptop from few hours of sleep - everything was working except my wired USB mouse - Natec Genesis 190. This mouse doesn't use any custom driver - until the problem appeared it was fine with generic driver from Windows drivers store.

Windows restart - doesn't work
    Uninstall in Device Manager - nope
    chkdsk - nope
    sfc /scannow - nope

I went ahead and did some tests:

- Natec mouse works on every other computer except mine
    - Any other mouse works on my computer, except that Natec Genesis

Now comes the funny part, I have 2x USB3.0 ports + 1x USB2.0 ports and:

1. Plugging Natec into USB2.0 port gives me "Device was not recognized" (Error 43 in Device Manager)
    2. Plugging Natec into 1st USB3.0 port allow me to move mouse which is almost frozen (barely moves each few seconds)
    3. Plugging Natec into 2nd USB3.0 port allows me to move the mouse, but each few seconds it freezes completely

Did anyone encountered something like this? I don't want to make fresh Windows install.

Is there any way to completely purge that device from the system? I suppose somewhere deeply there is information about the Natec mouse which forces it to *maybe* malfunction. I'm running out of ideas :/

Using Windows 10 (1909) 18363.657 - I've upgraded from 1503 when this problem appeared, but no luck.

:)

jimmy0aleos, Feb 25, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't like this particular USB device (driver problem?) [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue occurs when proper drivers are not detected after the initial installation so reinstallation of the drivers helps resolve the issue. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following questions to help
    you further with the issue:

• Have you tried connecting the device to any other port?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the methods mentioned below and see if that helps in resolving the issue:

Method 1: Checking drivers in Device Manager

I suggest you to check if there is any yellow yield for the USB drivers in Device Manager. To check please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
      and check if the USB device that you are connecting has yellow yield on it.
    4. If you find the device with yellow yield, right click on it and click on
      Update Driver.
    5. Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
    6. Once the driver is updated restart the computer.

Method 2: Uninstalling the drivers

If updating the drivers didn’t fix the issue, I suggest you to uninstall the driver for the USB device and reconnect the device to install the drivers again. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers,
      right click on the USB device and click on Uninstall device.
    4. Reconnect the USB device to install the drivers for the device.

I also suggest you to download and run the USB diagnose tool to fix the issues related to USB drivers. Refer the steps in the article

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems

For additional information, you can refer the article
    What to Try When Your USB Device is an "Unknown Device"

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Bagoguts Win User

Windows 10 doesn't like this particular USB device (driver problem?)

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't like this particular USB device (driver problem?)

1. Windows 10 doesn't like this particular USB device (driver problem?) - Similar Threads - doesn't particular USB

2. How to lock device to particular driver in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock device to particular driver in Windows 10: I have an Intel network card that doesn't like the MS drivers. This is a common problem with this particular card apparently. The solution is to download the Intel drivers and install them. That works a treat but Windows switches back to the MS driver after a full...
  3. How to lock device to particular driver in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock device to particular driver in Windows 10: I have an Intel network card that doesn't like the MS drivers. This is a common problem with this particular card apparently. The solution is to download the Intel drivers and install them. That works a treat but Windows switches back to the MS driver after a full...
  4. How to lock device to particular driver in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB driver doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB driver doesn't work: Hello I don't know where to post this for help so I'm posting this here. I purchased 2 days ago a new USB driver it was working well until it stopped working for no reason. It doesn't appear in file explorer but does appear in device manager. I tried everything I could found:...
  6. USB driver doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB driver doesn't work: Hello I don't know where to post this for help so I'm posting this here. I purchased 2 days ago a new USB driver it was working well until it stopped working for no reason. It doesn't appear in file explorer but does appear in device manager. I tried everything I could found:...
  7. USB driver doesn't work

8. why doesn't w10 device manager show drivers like w7 ?

why doesn't w10 device manager show drivers like w7 ?: hi why doesn't w10 device manager show drivers like w7 (maybe even w8.1 does show them )? is there a way to enable it under w10 ? for drivers and w7 , i have added a screenshot the screenshot is not from computer , because my w10 and w7 are not in english thanks 183561
  9. Default AutoPlay behaviour for a particular USB device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default AutoPlay behaviour for a particular USB device: Howdy, I have a piece of scientific equipment that appears as a mass storage device when I plug it in. Is there any way to suppress AutoPlay opening an explorer window behaviour for only this device, for any system I plug it in to? e.g. is there something I can put in an...
  10. Problem with the USB mass storage device driver

Problem with the USB mass storage device driver: Hi, its my first post. My problem is that my 128gb flash drive wont appear in windows 10 or any programs. It showed up in the Devices section of the control panel, but said there was a problem with the USB mass storage device driver. I reinstalled the mass storage, and it...