Windows 10: Windows 10 Doesn't Load Keyboard/Mouse Drivers until Manually Running Updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Doesn't Load Keyboard/Mouse Drivers until Manually Running Updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, just as the title says. My PC right NOW has my steelseries apex pro and razer deathadder v2 pro both running with the drivers installed, however if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cyrus_Halcyon, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Doesn't Load Keyboard/Mouse Drivers until Manually Running Updates

So, just as the title says. My PC right NOW has my steelseries apex pro and razer deathadder v2 pro both running with the drivers installed, however if I restart my PC neither my mouse NOR keyboard will work. So my workaround procedure right now is to: i can plugin a dummy keyboard (my broken Corsair K95 for example) so that I can type in my password (login by hinting enter, typing my password hitting enter again), then use the Windows key -> Type "Device Manager" -> Enter -> Tab to be on my PC name -> down arrow until I hit my first "USB Composite" Device -> Enter -> Tab until I am hovering on General -> Right Arrow until I am in "Driver" -> Tab until I am on "Update Driver" (enter) -> tab onto "Browser my computer for drivers" (enter) -> Tab until I am on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" (enter) -> Change nothing simply press next ("USB Composite Device" will show up as the Model) -> Windows installs "USB Composite" device only to at the ENDING actually have installed whatever was missing (now device 1 of 3 will work - the other device is my microphone - ATAT 2020) so I repeat steps again for the next device. If anyone knows of a way through Batch, CMD, PowerShell to update drivers through a script I am down to generate a less intensive workaround, if anyone knows a likely root cause (strict driver signing - no idea) I am obviously very happy to try and resolve the underlying issue.

OS Build: 19042.746

PS: If anyone is confused by my post, I can do my best to record a startup scenario with my phone and post it online somewhere.

submitted by /u/Cyrus_Halcyon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cyrus_Halcyon, Jan 26, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 Doesn't Load Keyboard/Mouse Drivers until Manually Running Updates

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Doesn't Load Keyboard/Mouse Drivers until Manually Running Updates

1. Windows 10 Doesn't Load Keyboard/Mouse Drivers until Manually Running Updates - Similar Threads - Doesn't Load Keyboard

2. Keyboard & mouse not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard & mouse not loading: Trying to use old Win XP pro desktop which worked a few weeks ago. On switch on now no keyboard or mice recognized. Cannot hit DEL or F2 keys as keyboard not working. Tried 3 keyboards including brand new one, USB and PS2, none working. The 4 USB Ports are fine as power...
  3. Keyboard & mouse not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard & mouse not loading: Trying to use old Win XP pro desktop which worked a few weeks ago. On switch on now no keyboard or mice recognized. Cannot hit DEL or F2 keys as keyboard not working. Tried 3 keyboards including brand new one, USB and PS2, none working. The 4 USB Ports are fine as power...
  4. Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard: I’ll start by saying I’m dumb and I downloaded one of those driver updater programs and I updated all my drivers only to get a bunch of problems. I then restored all of the updates only for it to not let me use my mouse or keyboard even though I have power to both. I tried...
  5. Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard: I’ll start by saying I’m dumb and I downloaded one of those driver updater programs and I updated all my drivers only to get a bunch of problems. I then restored all of the updates only for it to not let me use my mouse or keyboard even though I have power to both. I tried...
  6. Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard doesn't work until Windows 10 intitializes

Keyboard doesn't work until Windows 10 intitializes: Hello, my keyboard works fine in Windows, but every time I restart or shut down and then I turn on, I can't use my keyboard until Windows loads the driver. As a consequence, I can't enter the BIOS. I tried removing the CMOS and the first time it works, I could enter the BIOS...
  8. Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup

Mouse pad driver doesn't load on startup: Most of the time, the driver for my mouse pad, which allows me to use multi-touch gesture, doesn't load when I turn on my laptop. Whenever it happens, I have to manually restart my laptop for the driver to kick in. Is there any solution for this problem? Here's my laptop's...
  9. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 1 or 2 weeks ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...
  10. Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!: I have an Nvidia Quadro card on my computer. Till now, to update the driver, I would always uninstall the old drivers from windows add/remove programs and then after a reboot install the new drivers. I would also use driver sweeper to remove the remaining files and...