Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't mute

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't mute in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, my pc mute does not work anymore. When I use the keyboard to mute audio, or mute the audio from the taskbar, it shows the audio is muted, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EricLiu8, Jul 23, 2020.

1. EricLiu8 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't mute

Recently, my pc mute does not work anymore. When I use the keyboard to mute audio, or mute the audio from the taskbar, it shows the audio is muted, but I still hear audio. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

EricLiu8, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Tendows Win User

Windows 10 doesn't mute

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't mute

1. Windows 10 doesn't mute - Similar Threads - doesn't mute

2. My microphone mute key doesn't work when pressed on my Alienware M15 R7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone mute key doesn't work when pressed on my Alienware M15 R7: I have an Alienware M15 R7 and when I press the microphone mute key, it doesn't glow white, neither does it mute my microphone or unmute it when its glowing white. It shows no error message since its the microphone mute key, I want to use the microphone mute key since not all...
  3. My microphone mute key doesn't work when pressed on my Alienware M15 R7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone mute key doesn't work when pressed on my Alienware M15 R7: I have an Alienware M15 R7 and when I press the microphone mute key, it doesn't glow white, neither does it mute my microphone or unmute it when its glowing white. It shows no error message since its the microphone mute key, I want to use the microphone mute key since not all...
  4. My computer is stuck in mute- now before you say try F5 and F6 with the Fn key, it doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck in mute- now before you say try F5 and F6 with the Fn key, it doesn't...: -Computer stuck on mute-Fn key+F5 or F6 key doesn't work-Troubleshoot doesn't sense it-External audios don't work either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-in-mute-now-before-you-say/c497ba6e-72b5-47af-8f54-7cddb3cd89e6
  5. My computer is stuck in mute- now before you say try F5 and F6 with the Fn key, it doesn't...

My computer is stuck in mute- now before you say try F5 and F6 with the Fn key, it doesn't...: -Computer stuck on mute-Fn key+F5 or F6 key doesn't work-Troubleshoot doesn't sense it-External audios don't work either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-in-mute-now-before-you-say/c497ba6e-72b5-47af-8f54-7cddb3cd89e6
  6. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC audio doesn't mute: Device: Microsoft Laptop StudioWindows 11All updates installedAll audio drivers and devices uninstalled and then installedLaptop rebooted couple of timesTried troubleshoot sound devices too vie windows and surface standard appsProblem:Can't mute device:F2 button change the...
  7. PC audio doesn't mute

PC audio doesn't mute: Device: Microsoft Laptop StudioWindows 11All updates installedAll audio drivers and devices uninstalled and then installedLaptop rebooted couple of timesTried troubleshoot sound devices too vie windows and surface standard appsProblem:Can't mute device:F2 button change the...
  8. Muting doesn't prevent "silent sound" from happening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muting doesn't prevent "silent sound" from happening: I know this sounds like a weird question. Pun intended.Hello,I'm using a bluetooth headset that has the ability to connect to several devices at once. Which is great.Only sound from 1 device can be played at a time, which is great because when I get a call on either device,...
  9. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC audio doesn't mute: My PC's audio will not mute. Volume is controllable in the task bar, and will go up and down, but even if I click the toggle mute button, I still get audio at the same level. I checked all drivers for updates, and re-configured Realtek settings. Audio also does not mute if...
  10. Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the...: Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the volume to 0 will. If I'm playing audio in any app it continues to play audio in my wired headphones no matter how I attempt to mute it. Control panel or keyboard button show the mute icon...