Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I have an issue with a computer. It's an older asus tower with an i5 3450, 16gb of ram and a gt620. I recently purchased a 2K display, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gimmethatthinkpad, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution

Hi there, I have an issue with a computer. It's an older asus tower with an i5 3450, 16gb of ram and a gt620.

I recently purchased a 2K display, but windows won't go higher than 1080p. Also the colores seem to be really washed out. I plugged it into another pc which has display port and everything is fine. This is weird considering that the gt620 should support higher resolutions via hdmi.

I already tried to get rid of the screen drivers and replace them with acer's drivers, but windows doesn't care about what I give it. Then I uninstalled the gpu drivers and this ruined everything. The computer wouldn't recognize any displays and would just remain black. I replaced the gpu with a gt320, wich is slightly more powerful. Windows is working again, but still no higher resolutions.

I tried forcing a higher resolution using the nvidia drivers, but the result is just a blury mess. Windows does recognize the monitor as a kg271, which is correct, but says that the max res is 1080p.

Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/gimmethatthinkpad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gimmethatthinkpad, Nov 17, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Nov 17, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution

1. Windows 10 doesn't properly recognize my resolution - Similar Threads - doesn't properly recognize

2. Windows 10 doesn't recognize earphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize earphones: Up until some hours ago my PC worked fine, then I unplugged my headphones, and when I plugged them back in they didn't show up in the audio device list. I searched for some solutions online and eventually I uninstalled them and restarted, but not only did that not fix the...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't recognize earphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize earphones: Up until some hours ago my PC worked fine, then I unplugged my headphones, and when I plugged them back in they didn't show up in the audio device list. I searched for some solutions online and eventually I uninstalled them and restarted, but not only did that not fix the...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't recognize SSD

Windows 10 doesn't recognize SSD: I have an Asus X510UQ and a new 250GB Samsung EVO970Plus NVMe. I checked the BIOS, every single driver that popped up on Google and everything is up do date. My computer runs on an HDD drive and has an extra slot in the motherboard for an SSD drive. I looked online and...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my drawing tablet

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my drawing tablet: I've been trying to set my drawing tablet up with my computer but in the system's display, there aren't any screens that show up in the multiple displays area. From what I've seen there is supposed to be a display even when there is only 1 monitor where there is a box with...
  6. Windows 10 Doesn't recognize my DVD drive

Windows 10 Doesn't recognize my DVD drive: I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now my computer doesn't recognize my DVD drive. What do I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-my-dvd-drive/d8dd6b63-9849-4bc9-8a02-818012d86915
  7. Windows 10 doesn't boot properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn't boot properly: Hi everyone, I recently installed linux alongside windows 10, everything was working fine for about a week i.e. I could boot into linux or windows, then windows stopped booting properly - when I boot into windows I log in, then the desktop loads and an error message pops up...
  8. Windows 10 will not recognize my monitor or its resolution

Windows 10 will not recognize my monitor or its resolution: Refurbished computer (i7 2600, 8Gb RAM 320GB 7200RPM HDD) with a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. At first the computer recognized the monitor an Asus VS247 and set it to its resolution of 1920x1080 @ 60hz and all was good then it updated and no more Asus VS247 but it now...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly: Hey seems to be a common problem with Windows 10 but does anyone have any other ideas how i can close Windows 10 properly. I use shutdown but it shuts down and just stays on at the final stage. I've disabled fast start but it's still doing it. Any help will be greatly...
  10. my browsers on windows 10 doesn't recognize arabic

in Windows 10 Support
    my browsers on windows 10 doesn't recognize arabic: when some one send me email in Arabic not all the text appears correctly especially in the title or in the attached file it shows up as attached image " capture.png" how can i solve it 35280