Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't recognise digital license key after hdd changed to ssd.

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't recognise digital license key after hdd changed to ssd. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently I bought an ssd and I installed windows 10 to my ssd. The digital license key doesn't recognize my pc and won't activate. Meanwhile I am still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KostadinDimitrov, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognise digital license key after hdd changed to ssd.

Recently I bought an ssd and I installed windows 10 to my ssd. The digital license key doesn't recognize my pc and won't activate. Meanwhile I am still using my hdd as a secondary hard drive with my ssd. When I installed windows 10 to my hdd it instantly recognized my digital license key. Troubleshooting doesn't work and trying to get contact support has been fruitless.

:)

KostadinDimitrov, Aug 8, 2019
  2. RPB57 Win User

SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies
    in the fact I have installed a SSD in my machine. Windows is recognising the correct size of my SATA HDD however and the SSD isn't showing up quite rightly as its Linux formatted. Using a third party defragmentation program exactly the same problem occurs,
    however I was able to defragment my C drive using it as it just warned against it and didn't prohibit me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RPB57, Aug 8, 2019
  3. SSD windows installation with genuine digital licence

I have a hp pavilion laptop . right now i am having Genuine Windows 10 activated with digital license in my HDD .I installed a SSD in CD/DVD place with the help of caddy. Now I want To Install my windows 10 in my SSD without affecting my Digital license
    activation or genuinity. And clear the HDD for other data in Laptop.i am Looking for detailed steps that leads to the final expected result.

please help me

Himanshu_Rajput, Aug 8, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognise digital license key after hdd changed to ssd.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't recognise digital license key after hdd changed to ssd. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't recognise digital license key after hdd changed to ssd.

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognise digital license key after hdd changed to ssd. - Similar Threads - doesn't recognise digital

2. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  3. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  4. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 doesn't reactivate with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 doesn't reactivate with digital license: So I got a new computer with motherboard, cpu and gpu but I tried logging in with my microsoft account but it doesn't reactivate with a digital license. I removed the license from the old computer with the CMD commands. I also tried troubleshooting but it could not find any...
  6. SSD only recognised as HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD only recognised as HDD.: Hello, I have two SSDs in my computer a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo used as the boot device and 1TB Crucial MX500 used as secondary storage. After a computer refresh and restart I ran the defrag program to optimise the drives and noted it recognised them as standard HDDs and was...
  7. Digital License key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Digital License key: How do I find my licence key? I originally purchased windows 7pro, updated to windows 10 and now want to move the licence to a new computer but I can seem to find the key but it does say it’s linked to my Microsoft account? Any help would be appreciated submitted by...
  8. SATA HDD recognised as SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA HDD recognised as SSD: Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies in the fact I have...
  9. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...
  10. Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change: I recently upgraded my computers motherboard and SSD under the assumption that with a windows 10 pro digital license I'd be able to move the license to my new SSD and mobo via my windows account which it was attached to however it's telling me I have no digital license and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows key after ssd

2. windows 10 digital license changed sdd

3. cant find product key after ssd