Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I plug in my Sony CX240E but nothing happens. Windows 10 works fine with a memory stick or my mobile phone. Don't have any problems with another PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otuatail, May 23, 2019.

1. otuatail Win User

Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder

I plug in my Sony CX240E but nothing happens. Windows 10 works fine with a memory stick or my mobile phone. Don't have any problems with another PC with windows 7.

:)

otuatail, May 23, 2019

2. issues with Windows 10 not recognising the Canon HV40 camcorder.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I thought I had gotten around to replying to all my threads everywhere...

Ok... In answer to your above, I've tried all of that - Anyone with a half decent knowledge of computers would have done the same. Here's what I've managed to find out:

While the camcorder is in HDV playback mode, it's recognised by Windows 10 as a "AV/C Tape device" and placed under "Audio, Video and game controllers" within the device manager list and is inaccessible via any video editing software.

While the camcorder is in "DV LOCK" mode, it is recognised by Windows 10 as a "DV Camcorder" and placed under "Imaging Devices" within the device manager list. In this mode it is accessible via video editors such as Movie Maker.

In "DV LOCK" mode, msdv.inf is the controller for the camera. In "HDV" mode, mstape.inf controls the camera. I've looked at both these files via notepad, msdv lists the camera specifically, while mstape does not. I believe this is the problem. I also believe
    from my searches on the internet, that any camcorder from Canon, JVC or Sony, that identifies itself as an HDV unit will not be recognised correctly by Windows 10.

StephenPetersGuitarist, May 23, 2019
  3. DrCMJ Win User
    Canon Camcorder video files not recognised on Windows 10 PC

The Canon Camcorder and folders are clearly recognised on the Windows 10 PC via USB but the movie files contained in the folders are not recognised. Camcorder folders on the SD card are empty when searched through via the Windows 10 software on the PC even
    though the video files are on the camcorder SD card. How do I get the Windows 10 software to recognise the video files of the camcorder.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

DrCMJ, May 23, 2019
  4. DrCMJ Win User

Canon Camcorder video files not recognised on Windows 10 PC

Thanks for the reply Jefferson. To clarify further, when I first hooked up the Camcorder to the PC via USB it automatically transfered from the camcorder to the PC. But then after recording other stuff within a matter
    of about 10 minutes it is now not recognising any files to transfer while still recognising the camcorder and folders on the camcorder. So it is an issue which has developed rather than an issue that has always occured. Meaning I have software which recognised
    it all originally but now doesn't. Within the timespan of about 10 minutes without any changes to the computer being made prior to the issue. I have not tried the other steps re: checking through another computer or making a different user profile. I will
    give this a go.

DrCMJ, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder - Similar Threads - doesn’t recognise camcorder

2. Windows 10 wont accept my camcorder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 wont accept my camcorder: Hi All,I have windows 10 installed on my laptop but when i put the software on from my sony handycam it wont accept it. I need XP or lower in window versions. How can I get the windows XP capabilities but keep windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 is not recognizing my JVC camcorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is not recognizing my JVC camcorder: I have a JVC camcorder with video just taken. When I plug the cable into the USB port, it says Windows doesn't recognize the device. The video is of a family member at a nursing home. I really would like to upload it and send it to other relatives and family members. I've...
  4. Blue screen, windows doesn’t recognise password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen, windows doesn’t recognise password: My laptop ran out of power and since then I’ve just got a bluescreen when i start it up. To add to the frustration it won’t recognise my Microsoft password to restore or reset with files. I’ve tried all of the below and they either don’t work or just take me back to the...
  5. PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder: Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. My first attempt at capturing precious old family videos currently recorded on minidv. No camera showing in device manager, and nothing showing under 'imaging devices'...
  6. Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder

Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder: I plug in my Sony CX240E but nothing happens. Windows 10 works fine with a memory stick or my mobile phone. Don't have any problems with another PC with windows 7. 133177
  7. Where is my camcorder

Where is my camcorder: Never had this problem under windows 7. I plug in my camcorder to the computer and I get a nice jingle to say it is plugged in. THAT IS IT. No folder in This computer. Where are my files now. 132938
  8. Were is my camcorder

in Windows 10 Support
    Were is my camcorder: Never had this problem under windows 7. I plug in my camcorder to the computer and I get a nice jingle to say it is plugged in. THAT IS IT. No folder in This computer. Where are my files now. 132938
  9. Windows 10 doesn’t recognise WD Passport USB drive

Windows 10 doesn’t recognise WD Passport USB drive: Hi there, I’m having trouble getting my WD Passport drive up and running on Windows 10. The Apps seem to have installed okay but I can’t access the hard drive through the USB drive. I read online that WD Passport is incompatible with the latest versions of Windows 10. I...
  10. Bluetooth doesn’t recognise devices

Bluetooth doesn’t recognise devices: I cannot connect to my devices because Bluetooth doesn’t see them. It shows them as ‘unknown’. I decided to update drivers and ran the troubleshooter. But it didn’t help. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not recognise camcorder

2. how can i get my pc to recognise my old camcorder

3. unable to connect to canon hf r82 camera to movie maker

4. camcorder