Windows 10: Windows 10 Doesnt Recognize Displays

Discus and support Windows 10 Doesnt Recognize Displays in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I am at my wits end trying to figure out why my two Acer S231HL monitors are stuck at 480p resolution and why Advanced Display Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PolymorphicBoson, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Doesnt Recognize Displays

Hello Everyone. I am at my wits end trying to figure out why my two Acer S231HL monitors are stuck at 480p resolution and why Advanced Display Settings shows the monitors as having no name.
    Displays with no name

It seems like windows is struggling to identify the monitors as they come up as Generic Non-PnP Montiors in device manager. Overriding the monitor drivers to Acer S231HL doesnt appear to do anything. I have tried all of the following trouble shooting steps:

• Update AMD Graphics Drivers
    • Remove AMD Drivers and Reinstall
    • Restarting multiple times
    • Trying different output ports on my graphics card
    • Trying different cables
    • Removing monitors from power for several minutes
    • Resetting monitors to factory settings
    • Overriding monitor drivers
    • Reinstalling Windows 10

I think it the problem started after the lastest windows update which froze a few times while trying to install. I am also suspisicous because I cant find any configuration files for my S231HL monitors in my registry, but I DO see configs for my one working monitor (Acer R240HY). I also know that when I connected my chrome cast to the monitors giving me trouble that they displayed at 1080p.
    My system specifications:
    Windows 10 Home 1903
    AMD Ryzen 3700X
    16 GB RAM
    RX 5700 XT
    2 Acer S231HL (Usually connected via DisplayPort to HDMI)
    1 Acer R240HY (Usually connected via HDMI to HDMI)

I am completely at a loss here so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/PolymorphicBoson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PolymorphicBoson, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 Doesnt Recognize Displays

Windows 10 doesnt letme change Display resolution

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue occurs because of the drivers not either updated or not compatible.

You may try these methods below.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest display driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the Bluetooth drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display/graphic devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: I would suggest you install the latest driver from your computer manufacturer website for Windows 10.

If there no drivers available for Windows 10,
    try installing it in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Doesnt Recognize Displays

1. Windows 10 Doesnt Recognize Displays - Similar Threads - Doesnt Recognize Displays

2. Outlook account doesnt get recognized

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Outlook account doesnt get recognized: Hi,I haven't used my desktop for years now and I wanted to use it recently, but my outlook account isn't getting recognized. what is the solution for me to log in without the account?...
  3. Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick: Hey guys, I have a Realtek 8811U Wifi stick. Whenever I boot windows with the stick plugged in, it takes ages to boot. If I unplug it, it's quicker. Moreover the stick is not recognized by win 10 automatically. I have to unplug and plug in again to make it work. Do you...
  4. windows soft thumbnails doesnt display

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows soft thumbnails doesnt display: Hello One picture is better than long explanation [ATTACH] My attempts to resolve this: - Run CCleaner for clean windows thumnails cache Same with another soft "WinAeroTwinker"... - Try to restart explorer.exe - Cmd recommanded by an user from French answer.microsoft...
  5. windows 10 pro doesnt recognize my tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 pro doesnt recognize my tv: is there a driver for windows 10 to hook up my tv 65 in phillips 4k smart tv :? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-doesnt-recognize-my-tv/dd32e74d-f5dc-4114-8bd5-ffbbee8c140a
  6. Windows 10 doesnt recognize any headphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesnt recognize any headphone: My pc doesn´t recognize any of my headphones and neither appear in the playback section since an windows update some months ago, I can´t use any headphone in my pc. Is not a port problem, I have already checked it up submitted by /u/Boryet [link] [comments]...
  7. Second monitor recognized, but display is black (no display) - windows 10

Second monitor recognized, but display is black (no display) - windows 10: Hi everyone, i recently bought a new PC- a PowerSpec B729 (running windows 10). I Was able to successfully connect two monitors to it. The second monitor was connected using a VGA (on the monitor) to HDMI (on the computer) cable and its display was fine for the first few...
  8. window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive: I just add my 2nd HDD into my pc, but window doesn't recognize the HDD. I see in the device manager but doesn't show up in file explorer or storage setting. I try scan for hardware changes, uninstalling it and updating driver. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Win10 doesnt recognize speakers

Win10 doesnt recognize speakers: I upgraded from XP to 10 today and now am stuck with a problem that is rather annoying. With XP everything plays but with 10 I have to tap the cable for it to work, and that works when I get lucky. Have tried reinstalling drivers and many tutorials, no hope. It's like it...
  10. Win 10 Doesnt Recognize BT Mouse - HELP

Win 10 Doesnt Recognize BT Mouse - HELP: After I clean installed win 10, my PC failed to recognize my BT mouse. This is strange since it was working perfectly before the clean install. I use a BT USB stick which recognizes all BT devices except for this mouse. My BT mouse is the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. Again...