Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a hdd that I took from my old laptop, and I'm trying to use it as an external hard drive for my new one, but it doesn't recognize it. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaxiRomán, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd

I have a hdd that I took from my old laptop, and I'm trying to use it as an external hard drive for my new one, but it doesn't recognize it.

I'm using a SATA III to USB-C adapter, I can feel and hear it spinning, but after like 15 seconds it stops.

Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd 69be9ec7-e8e5-4cf3-82cf-3fe2dff8135f?upload=true.png

This is what I get in the device manager, I suppose that one is the port where I'm trying to plug it in.

I tested the hdd plugging it in my phone and it worked. I only have one USB-C port in my laptop, so I can't try it on a different port. And I've already tried updating the drivers of all of those ports, and unistalling them too.

:)

MaxiRomán, Sep 6, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 6, 2020
  3. How to install Windows 10 on external HDD

Hello,

I have an external HDD. I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise which I have purchased recently.

Please guide me, if possible step by step on how to install Windows 10 on external HDD.

Thanks,

Siddarth Hegde

SidTheGooner, Sep 6, 2020
  4. rypz79 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd

Windows won't recognize my usb 3.0 external HDD

Hi,

I have 1TB transcend USB 3.0 external HDD.
    Windows did recognized it but no more.

Here is what I've tried:
    1. Different OS: Ubuntu doesn't recognize it either
    2. Different computer: my Android device and another PC I have With Windows 10 do recognize it
    3. BIOS settings tried with/without legacy support
    4. Uninstalling the driver (picture attached) it's Microsoft generic since there is no driver to 9BC1 for Windows 10 http://pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=9cb1&device_search=Search
      [*]USB selective suspend setting disabled in power options
      [*]Regedit to the driver path and change EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled (it doesn't exist)
      http://windowsreport.com/usb-3-0-ext...ve-windows-10/

My PC is HP Spectre x360 4003dx.
    I'm kinda of clueless right now.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Roey

rypz79, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize external

2. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers: need help windows 10 doesn't regcognize exxternal speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-external-speakers/1bff7a9b-2d81-4935-b745-71f9bb0bc141
  3. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers: need help windows 10 doesn't regcognize exxternal speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-external-speakers/1bff7a9b-2d81-4935-b745-71f9bb0bc141
  4. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?: I have this HDD that I used to be able to use on Windows but it stopped working and it is only recognized now on Ubuntu. I had a similar problem with a USB Flash Drive but Disk Manager was able to show the Flash Drive so all I needed to do was assign a letter to the...
  6. Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Doesn't Windows 11 and 10 Recognize My External HDD?: I have this HDD that I used to be able to use on Windows but it stopped working and it is only recognized now on Ubuntu. I had a similar problem with a USB Flash Drive but Disk Manager was able to show the Flash Drive so all I needed to do was assign a letter to the...
  7. External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.: Hello all. I'm new here, so forgive me if this is a repeat question. Feel free to refer me to another post from earlier.I have an IOMEGA Prestige, which is perfectly operational. I just finished a Windows 10 reinstall that took forever due to corrupt system files. I stored...
  8. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  9. External HDD no longer being recognized in Windows 10?

External HDD no longer being recognized in Windows 10?: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate and now my Seagate USB HDD is no longer being recognized,no drive letters show at all but it is showing that it is plugged in on the task bar and is showing in "Device Manager" as plugged in and enabled but in...
  10. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10: As already someone asked years ago (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-ssd-not-recognized-as-ssd-in-windows-10/70716cb4-34a8-475c-8267-c4a5669beeeb) without any positive fix, I'm here to do the same question again. Why my windows 10 pro x64...