Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't recognize headphones - Installing Realtek does nothing

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't recognize headphones - Installing Realtek does nothing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of sudden the headphones plugged into the front jack of my Lenovo ThinkCentre M720 Windows 10/64-bit are no longer recognized. It appeared that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichBa, Apr 28, 2020.

1. RichBa Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize headphones - Installing Realtek does nothing

All of sudden the headphones plugged into the front jack of my Lenovo ThinkCentre M720 Windows 10/64-bit are no longer recognized.

It appeared that Realtek Audio Manager came with this machine and tried to run that from the start menu but the program would never start. So I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I tried installing both v2.82 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe and v2.81 win7_win8_win81_win10_r281.exe. With both installation files, the installation SEEMS to proceed normally and ends with a required restart. But once the restart takes place, there is no evidence of the software. It's not listed when I click the start menu and it doesn't show up under "Apps & Features." Also there is no "Realtek" folder under "Program Files." It just does not install.

I am assuming the problem I am experiencing with my headphones not being recognized is related to issues with Realtek software and drivers.

:)

RichBa, Apr 28, 2020

2. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize headphones - Installing Realtek does nothing [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize headphones - Installing Realtek does nothing [​IMG]
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 28, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognize headphones - Installing Realtek does nothing - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize headphones

2. Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.: Just got a new PC, it has Realtek audio. I have my headphones plugged in but I only have the option to make them headphones, not both microphone and headphones, I'll leave some screenshots down below. Thanks....
  3. Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.: Just got a new PC, it has Realtek audio. I have my headphones plugged in but I only have the option to make them headphones, not both microphone and headphones, I'll leave some screenshots down below. Thanks....
  4. Realtek only recognizes headphones after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek only recognizes headphones after restart: Greetings, I recently upgraded to windows 11 and then after trying it I just went back to windows 10 after that when I turn in the pc, plug in my headphones realtek wont detect it the only temporary soloution is to plug in the headphones and then restart then randomly it...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't recognize Realtek ethernet controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize Realtek ethernet controller: Just built a new PC. After freshly installing Windows 10, my PC doesn't recognize the ethernet controller at all. The ethernet port doesn't light up in bios nor in windows. Ethernet controller doesn't show up in device manager, also not under hidden devices or other devices....
  6. Headphones are not recognized by Windows 10, Realtek?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones are not recognized by Windows 10, Realtek?: Hi, I wanted to play normally today and talk to my friends, so I wanted to talk to my microphone headphones, but I couldn't because the headphones were not recognized, I don't know why. Many people told me to uninstall realtek audio manager, is there an alternative for...
  7. Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers: Hello, Recently I plug in Samsung SyncMaster SA450 monitor and my speakers and headphones doesn't work anymore. Windows recognize monitor as only audio device and thats all I can select in right bottom sound option, even thoe monitor doesnt have speakers. I tried:...
  8. Realtek not recognizing headphones

Realtek not recognizing headphones: When i plug in headphones, in realtek hd audio manager it realizes that something is plugged in in front panel but it keeps playing sound from speakers. I dont know what can i do. In windows it doesnt switch from speakers to headphones. driver update doesnt help...
  9. Installing realtek does nothing

Installing realtek does nothing: I recently installed Realtek audio manager and it didn't seem to do anything. It is not in the control panel or device manager. It is listed as a program in the programs and features in the control panel....
  10. Realtek doesn't recognize external microphone.

Realtek doesn't recognize external microphone.: Hi all. Recently I purchased a Logitech h151 headset which has only one single jack, as my ASUS laptop has only one jack used for a headset. However, upon connecting the headset, although the sound plays through it perfectly and without issue, the microphone doesn't seem to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 doesnt detect earphones

2. jack mic realtek audio driver