Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I was using a Linux distribution on my primary disk SSD and using a secondary disk HDD as data storage. Today I made a fresh install of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Castanho PC, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk

Hello
    I was using a Linux distribution on my primary disk SSD and using a secondary disk HDD as data storage.
    Today I made a fresh install of Windows 10 on the primary disk replacing the Linux OS and moved all my data to the secondary disk.
    After installing Windows 10, it doesn't recognize the secondary disk.

I've tried to reserach and follow the solutions for a few similar issues online, but it seems the status of my disk is not exactly as are most of what I find.

This is how my Disk Management looks like in portuguese, but I'll translate:

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk 100e07f1-49ba-4a06-b174-56723488c9f5?upload=true.png

The secondary disk in question is "Disco 1 Partição 1" Disk 1 Partition 1, i.e. the third line up in the upper part of the picture.
    On the lower part, it's "Disco 1" Disk 1.
    The remaining info says
    Disk 1
    Basic
    465.76 GB
    Good Working Status Primary Partition

If I right-click on it, I get this:
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk 1bdaf750-2b6c-45ac-9b85-ba497535cfe0?upload=true.png
    The available options are:
    Convert in dynamic disk...
    Properties
    Help

If I right-click on the partition on the upper part, I get these options:
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk 935d7d39-ad64-4c6c-84d5-1532fef5b4f1?upload=true.png
    of which the only available option is
    Delete volume...

How can I get my secondary disk being recognized without losing data?
    Thanks

:)

Castanho PC, Dec 21, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installation does not recognize second hard drive

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to detect the second hard drive on your computer after upgrading to Windows 10.

If your computer was able to recognize the second hard disk before Windows 10 upgrade, there are chances of your current hard disk drives being incompatible with the upgraded operating system.

Update the disk drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Disk drives, right click on the second hard disk and select
      Update driver software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk

hard disk iomega prestige lphd-upc

I m looking for help about my extrenal hard disk iomega prestige lphd-upc 320 gb who doesn t open with windows 10 at my sony vaio vpceh ,starts blicking and run but my vaio doesn t recognize , my question is what i should do .

João Paulo Pombo, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize second

2. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  3. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard disk is not recognized?

Hard disk is not recognized?: Hello dear good question community, I have another computer problem. I own a Rambot 988B and recently I got an internal hard disk from SEAGATE. I watched YouTube videos about how to set up/connect a hard drive. I'm sure that the hard drive is properly seated in the...
  6. External hard disk is not recognized?

External hard disk is not recognized?: Is recognized but not displayed in the This PC! Externe Festplatte wird nicht erkannt?
  7. Second hard drive not recognized

Second hard drive not recognized: Hi, I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming. Since I already had an external 2.5" drive (512gb Western Digital WD5000BEVT) in a USB caddy, before installing the 1TB in my desktop, I...
  8. Windows doesn't recognize hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't recognize hard drive: My computer is somewhat old, but works well,Dell optiplex 755. It was purchased refurbished and works fine.It originally was an XP machine that the seller installed Win7 on. Some time ago I upgraded to Win10 and all was well until an update came along which said there...
  9. Windows Can't Recognize Second Hard Disk After Update 1909

Windows Can't Recognize Second Hard Disk After Update 1909: Hi, I have an urgent matter about this case and search for help here. After I update the Windows to 1909, when restart the Windows can't recognize my second hard disk. I got a lot of work documents in the second drive... Hopefully some expert will give some advice. Thanks!...
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.

Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.: I did a clean install from Windows 7 to 10 earlier today. I have a second hard drive with stuff on it (at least 100 GB), and the only other drive besides Local Disk (C:) is System Reserved (D:) (which isn't showing anything in the drive currently.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc didnt recognize my hdd

2. pc doesnt recognize hard disk