Windows 10: Windows 10 - doesn't recognize my user, even if I log into my account

Discus and support Windows 10 - doesn't recognize my user, even if I log into my account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I start up my computer and I log into my account it somehow throws me into a a guest or a temporary user. All of my documents are "gone",... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chanie Berman, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - doesn't recognize my user, even if I log into my account

When I start up my computer and I log into my account it somehow throws me into a a guest or a temporary user. All of my documents are "gone", programs are "missing" They are there though in my user name. My internet history is missing. I can open a chrome window and all of my recently viewed icons under the search area are missing. Then I can open a new browser and it's there again. It kind of flip flops from me being in my user to me not being in my user account. Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

:)

Chanie Berman, Jan 5, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 doesn`t log in after update

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - doesn't recognize my user, even if I log into my account

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - doesn't recognize my user, even if I log into my account

1. Windows 10 - doesn't recognize my user, even if I log into my account - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize user

2. I can not log into my user account profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...
  3. I can not log into my user account profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...
  4. I can't login to my windows account even tho I know the user name and password, it doesn't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't login to my windows account even tho I know the user name and password, it doesn't...: This happened all of a sudden and my PC can't even install any applications. It also doesn't let me run any command or app by the 'Run' app. I'm so tired now! Please help, nothing is working. The login screen with a wallpaper in background etc doesn't appear but only that...
  5. New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account: I am re-setting a computer and have re-installed Windows 10 Pro. When it gets to the point where it asks me for my Personal or Work/School Microsoft account, I selected Work/School. But when I attempt to login with my Work email, it says Incorrect user ID or password. Type...
  6. New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account: I am re-setting a computer and have re-installed Windows 10 Pro. When it gets to the point where it asks me for my Personal or Work/School Microsoft account, I selected Work/School. But when I attempt to login with my Work email, it says Incorrect user ID or password. Type...
  7. New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows no longer loads my user account as the default, even though I log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows no longer loads my user account as the default, even though I log in: When I turn on my laptop and log in to Windows using my Microsoft ID, during the process it shows the message "preparing Windows" and when the desktop shows up, it looks like a fresh install of Windows and it's missing some files that I had saved to the desktop. Edge also...
  9. Why doesn't my Microsoft User Accounts screen turn on upon log in?

Why doesn't my Microsoft User Accounts screen turn on upon log in?: I log into the Bios Password, then into HDD/SSD Password, and the Microsoft User Accounts page remains blank? I have to shutdown the laptop and login again, and after a 2nd login than the Microsoft User Accounts page and/or screen comes on and then security key code is...
  10. Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized

Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized: Just installed windows 10 Update (May, 2019) on my Dell laptop. All of my shortcuts on my desktop were duplicated with only one of each pair that actually worked. I could not delete or move the useless shortcuts. Microsoft support online recommendation was to re-boot my...