Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from 7. And my DVD Driver was just working fine before I upgraded, After I upgraded my laptop wasn't recognizing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbdElWahabAhmed, May 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs

So I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from 7. And my DVD Driver was just working fine before I upgraded, After I upgraded my laptop wasn't recognizing some DVDs not all of them And I need the laptop to recognize it cause I'm trying to install windows in another PC,. so, Please give me any tips. <3

:)

AbdElWahabAhmed, May 10, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 10, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    windows 10= no dvd

Hi Bill,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why your CD ROM is not recognized after the update. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Could you tell us the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot CD or DVD which not recognized.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs

CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize DVDs

2. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  3. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  4. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!: Hello,Two of my computers, both running Windows 10, have suddenly stopped recognizing movie DVDs i,e, discs formatted with VIDEO_TS files. I emphasize three points here: 1 this is a NEW problem. Both of these computers have played DVDs just fine in the past ever since...
  6. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!: Hello,Two of my computers, both running Windows 10, have suddenly stopped recognizing movie DVDs i,e, discs formatted with VIDEO_TS files. I emphasize three points here: 1 this is a NEW problem. Both of these computers have played DVDs just fine in the past ever since...
  7. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DVD/CD-Drive doesn't recognize any DVDs

DVD/CD-Drive doesn't recognize any DVDs: I have an HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-3470 Quad core It came with a stock HP CDDVDW SH-216BB DVD/CD-Drive I am running Windows 10 I cannot get the drive to recognize ANY DVDs. When I insert the disc, it attempts to read for a while and...
  9. DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized: Using WIN 10 Pro v1803 DVD drive recognizes recorded DVDs. DVD drive no longer recognizes Commercial DVDs are in drive. In Device Manager, I uninstalled drive and rebooted....
  10. LG dvd doesn't recognize some audio CD's on windows 10

LG dvd doesn't recognize some audio CD's on windows 10: LG dvd doesn't recognize some audio CD's on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/lg-dvd-doesnt-recognize-some-audio-cds-on-windows/5c06d586-f6f0-4ea8-a8cf-36007d916d6b