Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; recently saw a video on how to better my cpu and I cleared items from system config. Microsoft doesn’t remember my pin after I restarted pc. Brings me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndrezMartinez, Jan 14, 2022.

1. WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN

recently saw a video on how to better my cpu and I cleared items from system config. Microsoft doesn’t remember my pin after I restarted pc. Brings me to ‘Something happened and PIN isn’t available. Click to set up PIN again’. Once I click, it says I need to install an app for the task in the store. And it will not let me access store. Any help please.

:)

AndrezMartinez, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 14, 2022
  4. WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN

1. WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN - Similar Threads - DOESNT REMEMBER PIN

2. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP doesnt remember window position: RDP app is resetting its position randomly everytime I maximize to full screen and then restore down. Even when you snap the RDP window to a position, for instance the left half of the screen, when you maximize and then restore down, the window's bottom border is off the...
  3. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP doesnt remember window position: RDP app is resetting its position randomly everytime I maximize to full screen and then restore down. Even when you snap the RDP window to a position, for instance the left half of the screen, when you maximize and then restore down, the window's bottom border is off the...
  4. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN: recently saw a video on how to better my cpu and I cleared items from system config. Microsoft doesn’t remember my pin after I restarted pc. Brings me to ‘Something happened and PIN isn’t available. Click to set up PIN again’. Once I click, it says I need to install an app...
  6. WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 DOESNT REMEMBER PIN: recently saw a video on how to better my cpu and I cleared items from system config. Microsoft doesn’t remember my pin after I restarted pc. Brings me to ‘Something happened and PIN isn’t available. Click to set up PIN again’. Once I click, it says I need to install an app...
  7. why doesnt my computer remember anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why doesnt my computer remember anything?: this is super weird and kind of hard to explain, but every time i download something, like roblox or discord, or change my wallpaper, i have to redownload it every single time i restart my computer or change these settings back every time, as if i made no change. every once...
  8. Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows file explorer doesnt remember sort options: Hi, I have a few folders with a lot of powerpoint presentations, which I sort by total number of slides (the option is under "more" when I right click the menu). However, every time I close and reopen the window, the settings are gone and I have to do it all over again. Any...
  9. Remember pin but forgot password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remember pin but forgot password: How to reset my laptop passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remember-pin-but-forgot-password/8acd0aa2-b806-4c81-a633-fd160884b9e2
  10. Forgotton Windows Password But Remember Pin,

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotton Windows Password But Remember Pin,: Hello, I have been having issues downloading things from the store as it requires my microoft to be linked to my laptop in general. It requires my password but I have used my pin for over a year and forgot my password. I have attempted all administrative routes and I do not...