Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I once connected my new Samsung S9 to Windows 10 as a test, and decided I didn't like it. So I: Deactivated it from the "Your Phone" app. Unlinked it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GCRedditor136, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone

I once connected my new Samsung S9 to Windows 10 as a test, and decided I didn't like it. So I:

After all this, I started the "Your Phone" app as a test -> https://i.imgur.com/Z2LlyWH.png

So, it looks like it's gone, right? Nope. My phone is now magically connected to Windows 10 again (showing in the "Your Phone" app), and keeps doing this despite me repeating the steps above. How do I really stop it connecting? Why won't Microsoft obey my wishes? I do NOT want my phone having anything to do with Windows. Thanks.

submitted by /u/GCRedditor136
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GCRedditor136, Dec 28, 2020

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Dec 28, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 28, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone

1. Windows 10 doesn't respect my decision to remove/unlink my phone - Similar Threads - doesn't respect decision

2. Windows 11 doesn't respect my bios settings for secure boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't respect my bios settings for secure boot.: In Windows 11 the System Information displays the Secure Boot State as Off, but its actually setup in the bios to enabled as you can see in the screen captures.Please admit that there is something wrong with Windows 11 secure boot....
  3. Windows 11 doesn't respect my bios settings for secure boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't respect my bios settings for secure boot.: In Windows 11 the System Information displays the Secure Boot State as Off, but its actually setup in the bios to enabled as you can see in the screen captures.Please admit that there is something wrong with Windows 11 secure boot....
  4. Windows doesn't find my phone connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows doesn't find my phone connected: I tried to send some photos from my Android to my laptop running Win 10 ProBut as i connected the usb, my laptop didn;t recognize my phone, it seemed that it didn't detect my phone. Please help...
  5. Windows doesn't respect my decision of not having a sign-in password/pin and forces me to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows doesn't respect my decision of not having a sign-in password/pin and forces me to...: Hi! As the title says, the implementation of the sign-in options in windows 10 is downright insulting and as a bonus, also wasted 2 whole hours of my life searching on forums for ways to disable this very simple thing. When I installed my windows, I was downright forced to...
  6. My PC doesn't detect my Phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC doesn't detect my Phone: So, I am trying to use my phone's webcam on my PC for Zoom. In the process of looking for a good app to do this, I found in my Device manager, that my PC just can't detect "Portable Devices". So I went to action and added Legacy Software to do so, but the MTP Devices are...
  7. unlink my cell phone from my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unlink my cell phone from my pc: how can I unlink my android phone from my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-my-cell-phone-from-my-pc/752f3515-5677-4d44-aabd-62cbe7f9f350
  8. unlinking my phone from micro soft accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unlinking my phone from micro soft accounts: I accidentally linked my phone to my micro soft account on my desktop...how do I unlink it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlinking-my-phone-from-micro-soft-accounts/a98239ed-a1f1-4531-bbda-9003f418a755
  9. Windows respect my settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows respect my settings.: Can you believe this OS can't get something as simple as time right, I have been late for appointments because it decided to roll back my time by an hour, I have been dealing with this for months now, last week it really crushed me when it went back 2 hours which it has never...
  10. Doesn't windows respect privacy anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doesn't windows respect privacy anymore?: I know windows stopped caring about respecting users privacy ages ago, forcing more advanced users to use custom dlls blocking services and messing up with way deeper settings buried in lost dark places of windows. What I cant understand is that after all of that, with...