Windows 10: Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart

Discus and support Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My desktop PC cant restart properly, Every time theres a situation where the system restarts automatically, my monitor changes to no signal black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JamesMC3JK, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart

My desktop PC cant restart properly, Every time theres a situation where the system restarts automatically, my monitor changes to no signal black screen and my PC fans are just on This is how I know the restart failed. I then need to force shutdown via the power button to turn it off and on again; then it will resume the "restart". Ive replacde my RAM and Im still seeing the same issue. Ive clean installed windows 10 again, same issue. I'm using a displayport cable so maybe cable is faulty? Ive run out of ideas on what it could be.

:)

JamesMC3JK, Jan 20, 2022
  2. grandekid Win User

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Jan 20, 2022
  3. StefanM Win User

When you say "force shutdown" you mean you hit the power button?

Try from a CLI:
    shutdown.exe /force

StefanM, Jan 20, 2022
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart

Usually a sign of memory going south. Try booting using one stick only (and change the stick if you have to).

Thema:

Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart

1. Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart - Similar Threads - doesnt restart properly

2. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  3. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart: I have cleaned installed Windows 10 in hopes of fixing this but to no avail. I click shutdown and my usb connected keyboard and mouse stop working, the screen goes black but the power button still lights up and the laptop is still running.I have tried:andand typed powercfg h...
  4. Laptop Doesnt Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart: My desktop PC cant restart properly, Every time theres a situation where the system restarts automatically, my monitor changes to no signal black screen and my PC fans are just on This is how I know the restart failed. I then need to force shutdown via the power button to...
  6. Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesnt restart properly. Have to force a shutdown, to resume the restart: My desktop PC cant restart properly, Every time theres a situation where the system restarts automatically, my monitor changes to no signal black screen and my PC fans are just on This is how I know the restart failed. I then need to force shutdown via the power button to...
  7. Forced Restart to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Restart to Windows 10: I just had updates and had to get a Microsoft Guy to fix my computer. Now 1 week later it is telling me Windows 10 is nearing the End of service and must upgrade to newer version. [ATTACH]...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. Laptop won't shutdown or restart properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't shutdown or restart properly: My laptop won't shutdown or restart properly, I am using a docking station and when I undock the laptop it seems to restart/shutdown properly but when I restart/shutdown with it docked, it doesn't restart/shutdown properly and always goes into a mode like sleep mode. How do...
  10. Force restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Force restart: [IMG]Excuse me, i want to ask what happened here on my pc, because the percentage didn’t move at all and it has been 1 hour, like this, can you tell me what i can do to fix this?...