Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear All, I have a problem with WIFI profiles. Windows 10 memorize only the last WIFI network to which I was connected. When I connect to a WIFI, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Diedm, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Diedm Win User

Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network

Dear All,

I have a problem with WIFI profiles.

Windows 10 memorize only the last WIFI network to which I was connected.

When I connect to a WIFI, I have to insert Password and the previous WIFI network disappear from Known Network list.

In other words I see only one profile in Known Network, the last used, and every time that I change the WIFI network, I need to insert again the password.

I already tried a lot of solution, but nothing happen.

Following a list of action already performed:

1. deleted the profile folders (however present) in the system folder :C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles\Interfaces to start from a clean situation
    2. uninstalled the network card drivers and allowed windows 10 to reinstall it
    3. Updated network card with Laptop manufacturer's drivers
    4. Updated the network card with the card manufacturer's drivers (sometimes they differ)
    5. Used the procedure of sfc /scannow, solving some small problem but nothing related to my problem
    6. Used in sequence the commands DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    7. Reset (restore starting mode as per installation) all Network services

Obviously I check "Connect automatically" avery time I connect to a new Network

Maybe I forgot something

Thanks in advance

:)

Diedm, Jun 20, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 20, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network

wifi doesn´t work after Dez 2017 update.

Hi Lúcio,

Resetting your Wi-Fi router is one of the maintenance procedures that may refresh your network connectivity. In this way, it could eliminate latency and will return your network status like when you started using the Internet. To resolve
    your concern, we suggest that you reset your TCP/IP or
    Internet Protocol
    to its default settings. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Step #1: Run the Network troubleshooter. To diagnose your network configuration, perform the steps below:

1. Open Start menu, then click Settings icon.

2. Click Network & Internet.

3. On the left pane, click Status.

4. Click Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems.

Step #2: Perform an Internet connection reset via
    Command Prompt. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter.

3. Type the following commands, then press Enter after typing each commands below:

netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt

netsh winhttp reset proxy

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

4. Restart your PC to complete the process.

Step #3: We also suggest that you restart your router and wait for 15-30 seconds then turn it on again. Visit this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting alternatives for your Internet connection.

Step #4: Ping Microsoft server
    then tell us the result through a screenshot.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run window.
    • Type cmd, then press Enter.
    • Type ping www.microsoft.com,
      then press
      Enter.
    • If you receive 4 replies, your connection with the site is working properly.
    • If you got a request time out, your Internet connection has issues.

Step #5: Disable all other anti-virus programs and enable
    Windows Defender only.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network

1. Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network - Similar Threads - doesn't save WIFI

2. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  3. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  4. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My system doesn't connect to a wifi network

My system doesn't connect to a wifi network: When I try to connect to a wifi network, my system does connects to it but shows that it has no internet. Even when the same wifi network is being used on other devices and works fine. Moreover when chrome or edge is used for any online services they work. I have no idea how...
  6. network view doesn't show the other device on the WiFi network

network view doesn't show the other device on the WiFi network: I'm using home WiFi to connect to two devices: a Dell desktop PC PC, a Microsoft Surface Book SB. One of the files that I want to share is the KeePass password manager database. It uses a "trigger" mechanism to synchronize changes to the database. I initially tried using...
  7. WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network

WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network: I have two WIFI connections; a BT Hub and a 4G Mobile Hub. I've set the BT Hub as Priority #1 and the 4G Hub as #2. When connected to #1 I can turn off the BT Hub and the computer automatically connects to the 4G Hub. However, when I turn the BT Hub back on again the WIFI...
  8. No wifi networks Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No wifi networks Windows 10: The PC is a HP Pavilion. All my other home WiFi devices can see all available WiFi networks. I had a problem with Windows 8 in that WiFi networks appeared and I was able to connect, but shortly afterwards the PC was disconnected. I applied all updates including WiFi...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network [RESOLVED]

Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network [RESOLVED]: Dear All, I have a problem with WIFI profiles. Windows 10 memorize only the last WIFI network to which I was connected. When I connect to a WIFI, I have to insert Password and the previous WIFI network disappear from Known Network list. In other words I see only one...
  10. PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter: The other day when I was turning on my computer, I saw that it is not connected to the internet by wifi. I went to network settings and it seemed like computer thinks it doesn't support wifi, just wired internet. I opened device manager and there was no wifi under network...