Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't see external HD

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't see external HD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently reset computer to factory settings. I am able to see/use the USB drive but my external hard drive doesn't appear. In fact, it never showed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by im_coni, Oct 1, 2020.

1. im_coni Win User

Windows 10 doesn't see external HD

I recently reset computer to factory settings. I am able to see/use the USB drive but my external hard drive doesn't appear. In fact, it never showed even before the reset.

The external drive is accessible and works well with my other computer.

I'm not well-versed on fixing computer issues but I do well with following detailed instructions.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

:)

im_coni, Oct 1, 2020
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Oct 1, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't see external HD [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 doesn't see external HD

External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't see external HD

1. Windows 10 doesn't see external HD - Similar Threads - doesn't external

2. My external USB hard drive doesn't work in front USB ports this only happens in Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My external USB hard drive doesn't work in front USB ports this only happens in Windows: Hi good people of this subreddit, I'm having a weird issue since I got my new pc assembled. Whenever I plug my external USB 3.0 hard drive to the front USB ports in the case, nothing happens, in fact, it doesn't even show up in device manager. If I try to plug another device...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd: I have a hdd that I took from my old laptop, and I'm trying to use it as an external hard drive for my new one, but it doesn't recognize it. I'm using a SATA III to USB-C adapter, I can feel and hear it spinning, but after like 15 seconds it stops. [ATTACH] This is what...
  4. External mic doesn't allow me to use Movies and TV and Spotify

External mic doesn't allow me to use Movies and TV and Spotify: I bought the AT2020USB+ microphone recently. I plugged it into my Dell G3 laptop and Windows told me that it was set up successfully. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the mic's drivers just to be sure. However, when I use the Movies and TV app, only the first frame of the...
  5. External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer

External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that doesn't show up in File Explorer. It does show up in the settings area under Bluetooth and Other Devices. I've been reading online how to resolve this and have seen that possibly a drive letter is not assigned so have tried to go to Disk...
  6. Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.: Need to rebuild my OS, but I'd llike to do a full backup before I proceed. But the built in Windows 10 backup doesn't recognize my Seagate Desktop Drive. Google searches only brought up windows forums saying to check your drivers, although it works fine in explorer. Are...
  7. External headset microphone doesn't work, but headphones do

External headset microphone doesn't work, but headphones do: I just bought a new Dell G5 5590 and I also have new Sony 1000X M3 headphones. The headphones work on my phone for both the microphone and the speakers. However, when I try to use them with my laptop, sound comes through the speakers, but it doesn't recognize the...
  8. External mouse doesn't work but the keyboard does

External mouse doesn't work but the keyboard does: Wireless mouse as part of a mouse/keyboard combination does not work. Windows 10 Pro x64. All windows and dell updates applied. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-doesnt-work-but-the-keyboard-does/a4cecf05-c478-4364-ae75-6045ccade1e9
  9. I plugged in an external mouse and now my touch pad doesn't work.

I plugged in an external mouse and now my touch pad doesn't work.: The mouse is called a Razer Deathadder and once I plugged it in the touchpad stopped working completely. The laptop is an Acer laptopdon't know the specifics. I've tried turning the touchpad on and off, but it still isn't working. I'm not sure how to fix it....
  10. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 doesn't recognize my Seagate external portable hard drive

Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 doesn't recognize my Seagate external portable hard drive: My device shows up in device manager > disk drives and it says this device is working properly. But I can't seem to locate the folder and my files within? Should it be showing up under this PC > Local Disk C:? Could someone please provide some guide to this. I've tested this...