Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't show text on desktop or on apps after rebooting the machine.

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't show text on desktop or on apps after rebooting the machine. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there I've been having a problem for the last few months with my windows 10 laptop. Basically whenever I reboot the machine it takes about an hour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StevenBlack5, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 doesn't show text on desktop or on apps after rebooting the machine.

Hi there

I've been having a problem for the last few months with my windows 10 laptop. Basically whenever I reboot the machine it takes about an hour to allow me to enter my password to access my desktop, and then once I've been able to access my desktop it takes around the same length of time before it brings any of my apps that are pinned to my toolbar onto the screen. On top of that, when I finally get access to my desktop I see no text whatsoever on anything on my desktop. All I see are smaller compressed versions of the desktop icons with nothing below them. If I right click on the desktop to bring up the properties and the options to make new folders etc, it shows the same, except it shows very few options to select as most of it is just a white box. This also happens in file explorer where it will show me the images of apps or pictures saved, but doesn't show me anything saved under folders in the likes of my documents or downloads. All my apps have the same issue when opened, except when these are open I can see text. The only place I can't see text is on the highlighted window where all it shows is the symbol for that app.

I've tried multiple fixes that I've found online, ranging from running scans which show no viruses to disabling applications such as skype from loading when the laptop is booted, to even wiping the machine of everything but my personal files (which kept failing and saying no changes were made) none of which have worked. I've uninstalled tons of software too, which again has done nothing to help. I've also tried running any updates that are pending, but these keep failing. Does anyone have any idea what to do to fix this as I'm close to the end of my tether with the machine. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

StevenBlack5, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 doesn t leave me to go in.

Thanke your reply . But windows doesn t leave me to write the code. I don t reach my files, so i don t rrrach anything else. Now we will try to system reboot feom pendrive

SzabóDániel, Dec 13, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 13, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 doesn't show text on desktop or on apps after rebooting the machine.

why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't show text on desktop or on apps after rebooting the machine.

1. Windows 10 doesn't show text on desktop or on apps after rebooting the machine. - Similar Threads - doesn't show text

2. Windows 10 Settings App doesn't show 'Apps' icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings App doesn't show 'Apps' icon: I have seen this problem with other W10 computers, but couldn't find anything in this forum.Several years ago, a client of mine upgraded from WIndows 7 to Windows 10. After the upgrade, the Settings application doesn't show the 'Apps' icon. However, if you know what specific...
  3. Windows 10 showing no text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 showing no text: I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS MY SYSTEM AS MY PC IS SHOWING EMPTY TEXT. GIVE SOME GOOD ADVICE. ALREADY GONE THROUGH ENOUGH. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-showing-no-text/8f4f2436-6d3c-4d6b-b7e6-5a8d2fbfefe6
  4. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  5. Subtitles on Desktop Show as Black Text

Subtitles on Desktop Show as Black Text: The title is pretty self-explanatory. Ever since about 2 months ago the text on my desktop has shown up as a black colour, and as I use a dark wallpaper, is barely visible. Earlier today the borders of the text turned into a black colour as well, thickening it to the point...
  6. Xbox accessories app doesn't show text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox accessories app doesn't show text.: Right after I boot the app the text is fine, but the text would went classified style if I point my mouse to any button.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-app-doesnt-show-text/c2710552-8c91-4a95-b305-b6a1e0264d25
  7. Desktop Icons doesn't showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons doesn't showing: Hi dear All Experts, I have many computers in my computer lab, for which i have bought original windows 10 pro edition about 1 year ago All PCs are working properly except one pc which causes following errors When I log into windows PC hangs on and mouse cursor is moving very...
  8. Windows 10 - show apps on desktop

Windows 10 - show apps on desktop: How do I show apps on desktop in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-show-apps-on-desktop/5dc4aec2-f394-4f65-a671-1b7bcbd4bd9b
  9. Desktop after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop after reboot: I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts. Whenever win-10 restarts they do run but are scattered all over the desktop and are different size than before the reboot. In both XP and win-7 they...
  10. Text on windows title bar doesn't show

in Windows 10 Support
    Text on windows title bar doesn't show: First, sorry for my English, it's not my first language. After tweaking to change theme for Windows 10 (including patching using UxStyle), I've just realize I can't see text on window title bar. It usually displays file path such as, C:\Windows\system32\somefile.txt which...