Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey seems to be a common problem with Windows 10 but does anyone have any other ideas how i can close Windows 10 properly. I use shutdown but it shuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allanpm, Dec 9, 2015.

1. allanpm Win User

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly

Hey seems to be a common problem with Windows 10 but does anyone have any other ideas how i can close Windows 10 properly. I use shutdown but it shuts down and just stays on at the final stage. I've disabled fast start but it's still doing it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

allanpm, Dec 9, 2015

2. Why my Laptop doesn't shutdown properly and not goes to sleep properly after installing windows 10?

I am using windows 10 since a long time. It is so good. But few days ago I have reinstalled my windows 10 and from then my computer doesn't go to sleep mode properly and not shutdown properly. It produces heat after shutdown or sleep and drains battery.
    Then my computer doesn't open until I do long press to the power button and shutdown properly. What should I do?? All the drivers and updates are up to date.

Tonmoy Ghosh, Dec 9, 2015
  3. windows 10 shut down

i am using windows 10 build 10565 , i am having a problem with the shutdown in my dell laptop the screen goes black but laptop light doesn't turn off, it does not shutdown properly.............please hep......

RichardsRobin .R, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly

1. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly - Similar Threads - doesn't shutdown properly

2. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: Hi,I wonder if someone can help.Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly. I go thru the normal procedure of clicking 'shut down', blue screen, whirling time icon etc. Screen goes dark but power light and internet light stay on and the machine stays warm until I press power...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: Hi,I wonder if someone can help.Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly. I go thru the normal procedure of clicking 'shut down', blue screen, whirling time icon etc. Screen goes dark but power light and internet light stay on and the machine stays warm until I press power...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 Can't Shutdown Properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Windows 10 Can't Shutdown Properly: Hey guys. Whenever I want to shutdown my computer, it keeps rebooting after the initial shutdown progress. I can shut it down by shift clicking the shutdown button or putting the prompt in CMD, but I would like to fix this without turning the Fast Startup mode off...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart: Hi, I usually do hibernate my PC until I have recently noticed the problem that my PC is not shutting down or restarts, no matter whatever ways I tried. It goes to display like "Shutting Down"or "Restarting" and then it stalls. I have kept it for hours, but no change, which...
  7. Windows 10 Error, Unable to Shutdown properly and Unknown App Preventing Shutdown

Windows 10 Error, Unable to Shutdown properly and Unknown App Preventing Shutdown: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for years now, and since 2017 I've been struggling with this shutdown problem where I couldn't shutdown my laptop properly. I've tried many things from sfc/ scannow, System Repair and many other things but they seems didn't work out the way...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't boot properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn't boot properly: Hi everyone, I recently installed linux alongside windows 10, everything was working fine for about a week i.e. I could boot into linux or windows, then windows stopped booting properly - when I boot into windows I log in, then the desktop loads and an error message pops up...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown: Hello, Since Windows 10 my laptop (i5 2410, HD3000+7400M) doesn't shutdown: it goes blank and in the best case it restarts (sometimes 1 in 10, it stops correctly). It does this with a NEW Windows without any drivers from Internet or installed by myself. It is fine when...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: I have a laptop ASUS Zenbook UX303LN. I made a clean install to Windows 10 and now it doesn't shut down properly. When I shut it down, the screen goes black, but the power light remains on and I have to shut it down manually. Also, I sometimes cannot restart it when it...