Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, It's been a week since I'm faced with a weird issue with Windows 10. I cannot get my PC to shut down or restart properly. Whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by parranoic, Feb 10, 2021.

1. parranoic Win User

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...

Hello everyone,

It's been a week since I'm faced with a weird issue with Windows 10. I cannot get my PC to shut down or restart properly. Whenever I chose one of the options it shuts down the video output on the GPU, but the peripherals are still powered. Pressing the power on button doesn't do anything. The only way get my PC to completely power off is to press the reset button on the case, hold power for a few seconds, or remove the power cord. Then I can boot it normally.

WINVER: 20H2 issue started on v2004

PC Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x / MSI x470 Pro Gaming Max / GTX 1660 TI CPU, RAM and MOBO are 6 months old

Things I've done so far:

• latest driver / windows updates
    • bios reset / flashed to the last version
    • windows reinstall
    • booting with the bare minimum
    • booting a 2 live Linux distros both shutdown and reset work
    • switched windows to UEFI

I have an old 35mm film scanner that is connected to the pc via firewire to a VIA PCI-E card. Whenever I remove it from the slot the pc shuts down properly. If I try to uninstall the driver, update it, or disable it the PC immediately throws a Blue Screen with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" message.

This PCI-E card worked flawlessly for 3 years now, on my old z97 board with i5-4690k. It also worked on the new PC for 5 and a half months now.

Why is version 2004 - present causing blue screens, power / shutdown problems with this card.

Issue was present in other versions too with other Ryzen CPUs:

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

I would like to keep using the scanner / firewire card as they are superior to most recent flatbed scanners available on the market.

:)

parranoic, Feb 10, 2021

2. Movimaker and Firewire problem

Hi.

I have tryed that and a number of other options.

Now I have given up and returned the PCIe FireWire 1394a Card (F-261) to the retailer.

Do you have any suggestion on other Firewire I/F card that you know works for Windows 10 ?

Regards / Ingemar

IngemarSohlman, Feb 10, 2021
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are getting BSOD error after connecting the new card for FireWire connection. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the motherboard?

In this scenario, please perform the steps as mentioned in this article:
    How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Meanwhile, I would also suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 10, 2021
  4. C_g_Z Win User

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...

C_g_Z, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR... - Similar Threads - doesn't shutdown reset

2. Firewire card causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Firewire card causing BSOD: Hi,I have recently encountered an issue where using an outboard sound card Profire 610 via Firewire creates an instant BSOD with the error message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My system is a Ryzen 5 3rd Gen specs below. I have used both the Firewire card together with the...
  3. Firewire card causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewire card causing BSOD: Hi,I have recently encountered an issue where using an outboard sound card Profire 610 via Firewire creates an instant BSOD with the error message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My system is a Ryzen 5 3rd Gen specs below. I have used both the Firewire card together with the...
  4. Firewire card causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...: For context please check: First threadAfter 9 months of taking apart my pc every time I needed to add/remove the pcie card I just had enough. I downloaded a 2018 version of windows 10, installed it in a VM. Went to C:\Windows\System32\drivers, copied the 1394ohci.sys drived...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...: For context please check: First threadAfter 9 months of taking apart my pc every time I needed to add/remove the pcie card I just had enough. I downloaded a 2018 version of windows 10, installed it in a VM. Went to C:\Windows\System32\drivers, copied the 1394ohci.sys drived...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown / reset due to Firewire PCIE Card / WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. firewire port card

firewire port card: I installed a Syba PCI-Express Firewire card - SD-PEX30009 - in my HP Z220 Workstation Desktop; Windows 10 automatically downloaded the drivers it thought were appropriate, but that didn't work; I then used the cd that came with the card and tried to install their drivers,...
  9. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC: Hello everyone, I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up to date), with a Ryzen 2700X and Windows 10 x64 freshly reinstalled. I'm a musician and I have an old "Motu Ultralite"...
  10. BSOD, suspecting it is my firewire PCIe adapter for connecting my firewire soundcard, DMP...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, suspecting it is my firewire PCIe adapter for connecting my firewire soundcard, DMP...: Link to the Mini dump file (zipped): https://1drv.ms/u/s!As5zvfMB_nXygSwHOhrm0HEHpspt?e=QP3ap7 I would be gratefull if anyone can confirm wether my assumption is right or not Windows 10 home with the latest drivers. Motherboard: Gigabyte aorus pro, bios version f9...