Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't start after latest Feature 2004 Update

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't start after latest Feature 2004 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have updated my Windows 10 desktop to the 2004 Feature release, and now the PC just goes into diagnosing mode and fails to start Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yajimbo, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Yajimbo Win User

Windows 10 doesn't start after latest Feature 2004 Update

Hi,

I have updated my Windows 10 desktop to the 2004 Feature release, and now the PC just goes into diagnosing mode and fails to start Windows.

I've tried safe mode, and it fails to load, I don't seemed to have turned on System Restore so I can't roll back.

Any help or advice other than reinstalling Windows would be greatful.

:)

Yajimbo, Jul 17, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hello not working on HP Envy dv6 after latest update

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

As you have mentioned that after installing latest update for Windows 10 pin and fingerprint recognition no longer functioning, I suggest you to let us know the details of that update after which you started experiencing this issue.

Follow these steps to open the “view update history” screen:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Windows Update.

You will find “view update history” option in the left panel.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Features removed and deprecated in Windows 10 version 2004

Source:

See also:

Brink, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 doesn't start after latest Feature 2004 Update - Similar Threads - doesn't start latest

2. Feature update to windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update to windows 10 2004: This update taking anyone else forever to do? submitted by /u/destinylover184 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqo13u/feature_update_to_windows_10_2004/
  3. Updated to the feature update but it doesn't have the latest features

Updated to the feature update but it doesn't have the latest features: So I've updated my laptop to the latest version and was exited to see the new/better start menu but here's the twist, it looks exactly the same as before, no, I'm not tripping, I'm 100% sure. The ugly square around every icons is still there. And I tried to test if it has...
  4. windows 10 latest feature update?

windows 10 latest feature update?: My laptop just been stuck on "Status: getting things ready 71%" for 20+ hours... The thing is my internet speed is really fast (1gb plan). Is there a way I can download it through some windows website ? submitted by /u/askquestion453 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update 2004: I have installed and then had to uninstall Version 2004 at least 3 times because of all the problems it caused to my PC. When will it be safe to install Version 2004. Surely Microsoft has had enough time now to rectify problems which are causing so many problems for countless...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update 2004

Windows 10 Feature Update 2004: So my brother got updated to 2004 yesterday and had issues with certain software he uses. He used the 'Go back to the previous version of Windows 10' in Windows settings>Update & Security>Recovery but now the 2004 feature update is pending restart. Is there anyway to prevent...
  7. windows 10 update feature 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 update feature 2004: My system just finished updating to the new 2004 feature and the 2004 feature is not showing in the windows update history , it also did a update for adobe flash and it does show, does anyone know why the feature update does not show in history yet? I do know that when Edge...
  8. Globe after Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Globe after Feature Update 2004: Greetings, I am having a somewhat widespread issue across multiple vendors with the new feature update 2004. I have an intermittent connectivity issue where the system thinks it doesn't have internet, so I get the globe. The internet is actually working fine, even though...
  9. Issue after latest(2004) update

Issue after latest(2004) update: Hello guys, I installed the latest update but my pc suddenly became slower. Windows UI animations are laggy and I think that gaming performance is worse too. Is there anything I am missing? I have a good pc and Windows UI was smooth before update. CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 2600 GPU:...
  10. Black desktop background after the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (2004)

Black desktop background after the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (2004): I installed the latest Feature Update, and like many recent posts, I've had a few bugs to contend with. One issue I'd love to resolve is the black desktop background. Usually, I have a folder full of downloaded photos that the desktop cycles through. I'd previously confirmed...