Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't turbo boost

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't turbo boost in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I swapped my motherboard from GA-B250M-DS3H to GA-B250-HD3P. I turnedon pc and played some games. I felt it is performing worse than before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jirikucera1, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 doesn't turbo boost

Hi,

I swapped my motherboard from GA-B250M-DS3H to GA-B250-HD3P. I turnedon pc and played some games. I felt it is performing worse than before swappingso checked task manager and my CPU is running only at base clocks. I restartedmany times pc and quickly opened task manager, every time CPU ran at turboclocks but after cca 5 seconds it dropped to base clocks. I downloaded CPU-Zwhen I quickly open it after restart it shows multiplier 8x-41x but when I openit after 10 seconds it shows 8x-35x. I also tried Linux and everything wasrunning without problems. My temps were about 50°C 122°F, so definetly not thermal throdling. BIOS is set correctly.

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I recovered Windows three times. First time I recovered via drive,after recover I downloaded CPU-Z and showed multiplier 8x-41x, I restarted pcand again 8x-35x. Second time I recovered via cloud. It lasted ten days andthen dropped to base clocks. Third time I recovered via drive it lasted fewturn on/offs and again dropped.[/COLOR]

Do I have to completly reinstall fresh install Win or changesomething in settings?

Windows 10 doesn't turbo boost 333faf6c-246a-4508-a0b9-fcb2c27564f3?upload=true.png

:)

jirikucera1, Mar 14, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't turbo boost [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

Hi,
    Turbo boost 3 unless you add a app to it's list it will not work
    Just use bios to do what you want to do your bios may have By core usage along with All core or maybe even By specific core
    By core usage is best for what you want to do just enter the turbo frequency

TB-3 has security flaws unlikely to be fixed
    Think a win-10 update kills tb-3 finally

remove Intel Turbo Boost 3.0...
    Here's a proper way to disable the application (with device driver intact).
    1. RIght-click on the tray icon, and disable it.
    2. Open Task Scheduler and disable Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0

3. Open Command Prompt and type “sc config ITBMService start= disabled”
    4. Reboot.
    Now back into bios and disable EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep), and Enable SpeedSHIFT.
    F10 to save and reboot.

ThrashZone, Mar 14, 2021
  4. TedN91740 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't turbo boost

Intel Turbo Boost stays on after startup on the desktop

Hi MC

You just disabled it. I have four apps that I have programmed into my Turbo Boost.

The Turbo Boost actually works well. The apps I have programmed into it run faster because of the Turbo Boost.

Because you disable it I don't think I could manually start it to run my apps. It is past 3 AM and I'm too tired to try.

And if I could manually start it I would be staring at the Turbo App until I manually click the close button. That is why we are all here to stop having to click on the close button either right after your PC starts up or if you can manually start it if
    as in your case you have disabled it.

What we need is a smart Intel Guy to figure out how the Windows 10 Fall Creator's update is fouling up Intel's Turbo Boost app.

TedN91740, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't turbo boost

1. Windows 10 doesn't turbo boost - Similar Threads - doesn't turbo boost

2. Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working: Hii,I have a Intel i3-1005G1 Processor HP laptop.My Intel Turbo Mode is enabled but cpu clock speed not increasing.My Max turbo speed should be 3.4ghz but it's stuck at 1.19ghz.I did all solutions but nothing is effecting.Minimum and maximum Processor State is also not adding...
  3. Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working: Hii,I have a Intel i3-1005G1 Processor HP laptop.My Intel Turbo Mode is enabled but cpu clock speed not increasing.My Max turbo speed should be 3.4ghz but it's stuck at 1.19ghz.I did all solutions but nothing is effecting.Minimum and maximum Processor State is also not adding...
  4. Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I have issues with Intel Turbo Technology, found that my computer felt very sluggish and noticed it was running at 800Mhz with power plans on Ultimate Performance. I reset bios to default, then enabled XMP profile and set CPU to run...
  5. Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I have issues with Intel Turbo Technology, found that my computer felt very sluggish and noticed it was running at 800Mhz with power plans on Ultimate Performance. I reset bios to default, then enabled XMP profile and set CPU to run...
  6. Intel 3.0 Turbo boost application will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel 3.0 Turbo boost application will not install: I have the I-9-9980xe with the Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme. After building the machine, I noticed that the Intel Turbo boost 3.0 application would not install, further investigation has led me to that it was disabled in one of the recent major W10 updates. Does anyone know...
  7. Windows Doesn't Boosting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Doesn't Boosting: About 3-4 days ago my windows 102004 release, may 2020 showing me blue screen error with unexpected store exception I tried to to solve that error by using several methods but I didn't able to solve that and whenever I tried to turn on my laptop it stuck at boot logo of...
  8. Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?: I have an Intel i7-4510U based laptop that I use to encode 4K videos on over night . According to specs this thing CPU can operate at 2.0 GHz as base speed and 3.1 GHz as max turbo speed . If I game on this laptop , monitoring utilities shows the CPU to be working at 2.8...
  9. BSOD intel turbo boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intel turbo boost: why does my pc Bsod with intel turbo boost enabled in bios? its 100 percent the culprit! 149006
  10. Automatically change turbo boost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically change turbo boost: Is there any way to change turbo boost automatically depending on if certain programs are running or not, I've used ThrottleStop but don't want to have to turn it on/off manually all the time depending on what I want to do. Would this affect performance significantly...