Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't use taskbar configuration on multiple displays after switching between...

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't use taskbar configuration on multiple displays after switching between... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've 2 screens connected to my PC. My PC has two users with 2 different accounts MS accounts not local. I've set up the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Błażej Janus, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 doesn't use taskbar configuration on multiple displays after switching between...

Hello,

I've 2 screens connected to my PC.

My PC has two users with 2 different accounts MS accounts not local.

I've set up the taskbar configuration I want on my account 1st. The configuration is working fine even if I reboot the computer, but if I log into 2nd account and then log to 1st account again the configuration of taskbars for this 1st account is broken.

It's even more strange because in the 2nd account the configuration works absolutely fine.

On the second account the configuration is default taskbars on both screens, on the down edge of the screens, action center and system tray on the 1st screen - that is set up as main screen

My configuration of 1st account that is being broken after switching users is that on the 1st screen main the taskbar is on the left edge, on the 2nd screen the taskbar is on the right edge, and action center and system tray are on the 2nd monitor.

The next problem is that if I open action center it's not apperaing on the 2nd screen where it is on the taskbar, but on the main 1st screen.

Have You ever expirienced this problems and found the solutions?

I've been googled it, but I've found nothing.

:)

Błażej Janus, Feb 1, 2020

2. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 1, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't use taskbar configuration on multiple displays after switching between... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 doesn't use taskbar configuration on multiple displays after switching between...

Change the location of taskbar on multiple display Windows 10

Hello Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding taskbar location on multiple displays.

Do you have multiple monitors connected to the same computer?

Please be informed that right now there is no option to change the location of taskbar to the scenario which you mentioned.

As this is the option you would like to see in windows 10, you may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    However you may follow the below steps to change the location of the taskbar (changes the location on both the monitors to same place) and check.

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on properties.

2. Select the taskbar tab.

3. In the “Taskbar location on the screen” drop down list you may select your preferred location and click on apply.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't use taskbar configuration on multiple displays after switching between...

1. Windows 10 doesn't use taskbar configuration on multiple displays after switching between... - Similar Threads - doesn't taskbar configuration

2. Multiple Display Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Display Taskbar: I have this problem where it won't let me turn on taskbar for multiple displays, I have searched for a way to fix this, but I have not found anything. I have also tried using display fusion, but you need to pay for pro to get the multiple monitor taskbar....
  3. Cannot switch between multiple windows of the same application on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot switch between multiple windows of the same application on the taskbar: I have a problem with my desktop where if I have multiple windows open of the same application eg. Firefox, steam etc. and try to switch between them by clicking them on the taskbar, nothing will happen, or occasionally they will pop up for a split second before closing...
  4. Taskbars on Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbars on Multiple Displays: One thing that has always annoyed me with Windows 10 is the way that if you have two or more displays, the taskbar on the secondary displays is not the same as the primary display. On secondary displays you are not allowed to add Toolbars to the taskbar. This is a real pain...
  5. Cant switch between applications using taskbar

Cant switch between applications using taskbar: Hi All, I've been facing a issue with taskbar applications. whenever i have more than one instance of the same same application like two workbooks of excel or two windows of chrome i cant switch to different application using the thumbnail that comes on application icon in...
  6. How to configure multiple displays in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to configure multiple displays in Windows 10?: How to configure multiple displays in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-configure-multiple-displays-in-windows-10/80ca86f5-7eea-4b9b-a134-8fc56b913108
  7. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...
  8. Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH] We all run multiple programs and apps, and it’s important that we be able to switch between them either by clicking on their Taskbar icons or using the usual shortcut Alt+Tab. However, at times, you find that neither of these methods [...] This post Cannot switch...
  9. Using taskbar icons to switch between open applications

Using taskbar icons to switch between open applications: I have been using Windows 10 successfully on my HP laptop since I bought it, and in particular clicking on the taskbar icons to switch between open applications. Sometime yesterday evening, for no apparent reason, this facility has ceased to work. Having found previous...
  10. Taskbar doesn't stay on 2nd display after user switching

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar doesn't stay on 2nd display after user switching: Hello I have a problem with my taskbar. I have 2 monitors and I like to keep the taskbar on the secondary display, vertically at the right hand side of the screen. My other half has a separate account on our PC and she has the taskbar the same way. When she logs in to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows task bar doesnt keep configuration