Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07)

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to index files on my second SSD : (A:/) but indexation doesn't start on it... In the observateur of events : Description :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by magikiante, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Windows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07)

Hello,

I would like to index files on my second SSD : (A:/) but indexation doesn't start on it...

In the observateur of events :

Description : Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30, 0x80040d07, "file:///A:\[013c5207-0b57-42c4-89ed-5b6216e4e584]\Photos">.

It's strange cause it works on any other HDD... I have try to :
    • format the SSD
    • change the letter (from A: to DWindows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07) :)
    • Uninstall dism /Online /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:"SearchEngine-Client-Package" and reinstall
    • Stop bitlocker

I don't find anything on Internet to solve this error, it's really strange. Why windows search doesn't want to index this folder...

Thanks a lot for your help

:)

magikiante, Feb 24, 2017
  2. Remixtech Win User

Windows 10 doesn't want to index my file on the second SSD ! 0x80040d07

Hello,

I would like to index files on my second SSD : (A:/) but indexation doesn't start on it...

In the observateur of events :

Description : Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30, 0x80040d07, "file:///A:\[013c5207-0b57-42c4-89ed-5b6216e4e584]\Photos\">.

It's strange cause it works on any other HDD... I have try to :

format the SSD

change the letter (from A: to DWindows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07) :)

Uninstall dism /Online /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:"SearchEngine-Client-Package" and reinstall

Stop bitlocker

I don't find anything on Internet to solve this error, it's really strange. Why windows search doesn't want to index this folder...

Thanks a lot for your help

Remixtech, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Windows 10 doesn't want to index my file on the second SSD ! 0x80040d07

We're glad to hear about that. Nice to know that you were able to resolve the issue. Should you need help again, please feel free to post in the community forum anytime.

Cheers!

Liezl Fal, Feb 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07)

Hi, two suggestions:
    1. Do you actually have such a folder on your disk?
    A:\[013c5207-0b57-42c4-89ed-5b6216e4e584]\Photos

If so, does it contain anything meaningful? If not, delete it.
    (Note, obviously sthg generated it- so it may return; if so you'd need to work out why)

If it does, are permissions appropriate?

2. Go to Control Panel, Indexing Options and exclude the folder.

dalchina, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Thanks for your answer.

I have a folder A:\Photos and not A:\[013c5207-0b57-42c4-89ed-5b6216e4e584]\Photos\
    It doesn't work for any files or folder in the SSD Disk A.

Windows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07) [​IMG]

The disk is open to everyone like the folder... If I move the folder on C: or F: G: it works...
    It's insane !

*Smile

magikiante, Feb 24, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Perhaps it's a hidden folder. Make sure you can view hidden folders.
    The point is, search is attempting to index it.

You could also try booting to a command prompt via left click SHIFT restart and examining that disk, if you are confident in using the command prompt. If you don't need it, then delete it from there.

Worst case, you could copy everything off that disk, format it, and copy everything back.

It's not insane, Captain, it's entirely logical.
    Thank you, Mr Spock. (In a lightly sarcastic tone). *Smile

dalchina, Feb 24, 2017
  7. Problem solved :
    • Copy data on other disk
    • Manage computer
    • Disk manager
    • Delete the volume
    • Create volume, Format, assign letter S
    • Indexing works...
    • Copy folders
    Really strange

magikiante, Feb 24, 2017
  8. Windows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07)

Thank you for your help, just format didn't worked yesterday...

After investigation, it's working with the letter A: and it's working even with bitlocker...

magikiante, Feb 24, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Good, so by doing that you've removed extraneous hidden files, and dealt with any file system problems (that chkdsk might detect, for example).

However, as you don't know what caused that, it could happen again.....

dalchina, Feb 24, 2017
  10. bbfreak Win User
    Found this via google searching for another error.

Cause of your Problem: Windows won't search A: and B: because of historic. Both were reserved for Floppy-Disk. Search-Indexer is ignoring A and B by default. Maybe this will help someone else sometime.

Cheers

bbfreak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07)

1. Windows 10 doesn't want to index file on an other SSD ! (0x80040d07) - Similar Threads - doesn't index file

2. Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types: When I search for a file from Windows explorer and look for a word inside of documents, it will find pdf, txt, xlsx, etc. but not docx or doc. I tried rebuilding and moving the index. I tried "$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation +...
  3. Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types: When I search for a file from Windows explorer and look for a word inside of documents, it will find pdf, txt, xlsx, etc. but not docx or doc. I tried rebuilding and moving the index. I tried "$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation +...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't recognize SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize SSD: I have an Asus X510UQ and a new 250GB Samsung EVO970Plus NVMe. I checked the BIOS, every single driver that popped up on Google and everything is up do date. My computer runs on an HDD drive and has an extra slot in the motherboard for an SSD drive. I looked online and...
  5. How to index files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to index files in windows 10: Files are not being displayed when I search for them by name. I have three hard drives. C; for system. E: for photos and data, and G: for more files. photos and data. The files are not displayed when searching by name in the search window. If a file is displayed as a...
  6. Windows 10 not indexing offline files

in Cortana
    Windows 10 not indexing offline files: Had to replace previous W10 laptop. Set up mapped drives, got the files offline, but indexing does not show the drives in order to create a local index. Of course I searched and lots of other people with the same problem and no solution up through 2018...
  7. stop indexing with SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    stop indexing with SSD: Just installed a SSD and advised to stop indexing services. What is the difference between stopping indexing services via services.msc and disallowing the drive with the SSD from being indexed? 119326
  8. SSD index ..?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD index ..?: Hi All I have SSD ... should I index ? would it slow down ..? Thanks [img] 16791
  9. Indexing doesn't see files...

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing doesn't see files...: I've got a lot of PDF's in my User directory, which according to the Indexing service has been indexed (and it says it's done and has indexed thousands of files). PDF's are set to search file properties only. When I search for any of the PDF's by name though I don't find...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't want to run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't want to run: So I just finished building a PC. And I went to go install Windows 10, and it does the download and it resets. But once it resets it goes straight back to the "install now" screen. So not running Windows 10 at all. And I'm not quite sure what's wrong. But this is my first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80040d07