Windows 10: Windows 10 domain user issues

Discus and support Windows 10 domain user issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I have had nothing but issues getting a Windows 10 Pro machine to work within a 2011 SBS environment. I have had issues with the firewall,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JPELV, Oct 10, 2018.

1. JPELV Win User

Windows 10 domain user issues

Hey,

I have had nothing but issues getting a Windows 10 Pro machine to work within a 2011 SBS environment. I have had issues with the firewall, which is now totally shutdown; it was preventing network applications from installing. It was just the domain element of the firewall. I was able to get the machine to join to domain. It appeared to join without any problems. I was able to install all of the software needed under the domain admin account, but it wasn't until the end user logged in did I noticed that problems still persist. The end user has all of the same icons as the admin acct, as they were put into the Public Desktop. In the Start menu, there are quite a few applications missing. Other apps that show, like the calculator, will open then shutdown. All items that were posted to the task bar are blank. It seems also that I cannot right click on most of the items within the Start Bar, I cannot even right click on the start button to log out. The end user has local admin access to this machine, I have promoted this account all way up to making them a domain admin to see if it's a rights issue. So far nothing has worked. I have never seen an OS get so bent out of shape going from one account to another. The SBS is pretty much a stock install with nothing major done to the group policy, etc.. I need to find a quick solution to this issue as I cannot move forward. I cannot put this machine into service as it is not fully functional. Any insight into what I should do would be appreciated.

:)

JPELV, Oct 10, 2018

2. Windows 10Pro unable to login 2008 domain from domain user after upgrade

• I upgraded our Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and it's done successfully
    • When I log in with domain Administrator account and it works fine
    • But when I tried to log in with existing domain user or new domain user after entering the password the welcome screen shows then sign out immediately

• Windows 10 Pro is activated by digital license
    • Windows 10Pro inbuilt antivirus only
    • Windows 2008 R2 Domain controller -- Forest and domain set as 2008 R2

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Ayyanar Sithanandhan, Oct 10, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 domain user issues - Similar Threads - domain user issues

2. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Issues for Domain Users: Just a little insight, I have a new environment all WS2019, two domain controllers, file server, sql server and more, all of that is doing as expected with no issues... Problems...We joined computers to the new domain over the weekend. Since we joined the new domain, we...
  3. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Issues for Domain Users: Just a little insight, I have a new environment all WS2019, two domain controllers, file server, sql server and more, all of that is doing as expected with no issues... Problems...We joined computers to the new domain over the weekend. Since we joined the new domain, we...
  4. Print Issues for Domain Users

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  6. Issues with Local Users and Domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Local Users and Domain: Hi All New to all of this so apologies if I get some terminology wrong. I am currently in the process of trying to change the settings for the primary user account for a Windows 10 PC, but it would appear that the PC was a part of a domain which has restricted access to...
  7. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with desktop...
  8. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with...
  9. Issue with adding an user computer to domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with adding an user computer to domain: I have an issue with one computer in my domain and i removed that computer from domain. But, i wanted that computer to add back into domain. Now the issue is i am getting an error message saying DC can't be contacted. The error message is as follows. " Note: This...
  10. Domain Users and Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain Users and Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 and my account transferred without an issue. My wife's account (who uses the same computer and we switch users) did not. I ended up deleting her account and recreated a new one. She can log in, but the start button and action center do not...