Windows 10: Windows 10 domain user migration

Discus and support Windows 10 domain user migration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a network with several Windows 10 Pcs connected to a windows domain server. I want to leave the domain and use the Pcs in a workgroup. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jean Marie Polain, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 domain user migration

Hi,

I have a network with several Windows 10 Pcs connected to a windows domain server. I want to leave the domain and use the Pcs in a workgroup.

If a disconnect the domain server all the Pcs continue working even if I restart it, this is because of the domain login cache. Can I leave the network this situation for a long time ?

I can disconnect the pcs from domain and create a workgroup but in this case I have to reinstall all the applications on the Pcs.

Can you give me more informations about what I can do ?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Marie

:)

jean Marie Polain, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Kari, Mar 1, 2019
  3. How to Migrate Local User Accounts to Domain User Accounts

Hi Everyone,

We have several workstations that are not in our domain yet. We want to add these to the domain, and migrate the local user accounts to domain accounts so that the users retain their files, settings, etc.

Any idea on how to do this for Windows 10? I found an article for an older version of Windows, but that method did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

thompson0708, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 domain user migration

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 domain user migration

1. Windows 10 domain user migration - Similar Threads - domain user migration

2. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  3. User to User Data Migration

in Windows 10 Customization
    User to User Data Migration: When I got my current device, I used my parents Microsoft account for the main user and administrator on it. Now that I have my own account, I want to make a user using my personal information, but everything is on the first account. Is there a way I can migrate all the data...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain

Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain: Hi, We are thinking in create a new domain for our enterprise. Our desktops (Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro) are joined to the actual domain. Migrate user, computer and groups from Active Directory Users and Computers is easy. But, how can we migrate desktop profiles? As...
  5. Migrating Users to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating Users to 10: Because my old Hard drive crapped out, I've had to upgrade to windows 10. Every member of my family has their own log in. How can I migrate the data from their old profile to the new system?...
  6. User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE

User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE: Summary: Originally The below post was posted by Johan Ole Svensson as the result of an internal Survey on his part. Sadly he made the mistake to just point to the excellent answer over at "Experts Exchange" but "Experts Exchange" have shut down access for users without a...
  7. Windows 10 domain user issues

Windows 10 domain user issues: Hey, I have had nothing but issues getting a Windows 10 Pro machine to work within a 2011 SBS environment. I have had issues with the firewall, which is now totally shutdown; it was preventing network applications from installing. It was just the domain element of the...
  8. Domain Users and Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain Users and Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 and my account transferred without an issue. My wife's account (who uses the same computer and we switch users) did not. I ended up deleting her account and recreated a new one. She can log in, but the start button and action center do not...
  9. Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Migrate Locale Profile to Domain: Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how to migrate a local profile to a domain profile without software? I have some Windows 10 computers that are setup as workgroups, but we need to move them to the company domain. I want to ensure that users don't lose their files, settings,...
  10. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968