Windows 10: Windows 10 domain workstations fail to login

Discus and support Windows 10 domain workstations fail to login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, We have at our organization windows 10 stations that randomly fail to login with their domain username or password. Altough the users enter... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by liava123, Oct 12, 2020.

1. liava123 Win User

Windows 10 domain workstations fail to login

Hello,

We have at our organization windows 10 stations that randomly fail to login with their domain username or password.

Altough the users enter the correct credentials, they get an error: "Incorrect username or password". And after 5 attempts of entering the correct credentials the user login successfully, or after they clicked "Switch User" button and then retype the credentials again.

We checked event viewer under security, but we don't see any failure that cause this issue.

Any advices what to do?

Thank you!

Liav

:)

liava123, Oct 12, 2020
  2. csherman1 Win User

Trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

We have an employee that reset the password on the front desk computer running Windows 10 by pressing ctrl-alt-delete, reset password. Once attempting to login with the new password the error message was displayed "Trust relationship between this workstation
    and the primary domain failed." We were able to get on the computer by unplugging from the network, rebooting and using the old password to login. Once logged in how can we now reestablish the trust between this workstation and the domain? I have looked at
    many fixes online but most of them are Windows 7 related and this machine was upgraded to 10. Our server is a small business 2011. Please help!

csherman1, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7; 'trust relationship' between workstation and primary domain failed

Hi Warren,

I realize that you get message “'trust relationship' between workstation and primary domain failed” while trying to login to the pc with Windows 7. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the computer connected to any Domain Network?

If your PC is connected to Domain Network, then post your question in the TechNet Forum.

Technet forums

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 12, 2020
  4. EdFabiano Win User

the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed

I am trying to map to a share on a VMware virtual server and I keep getting
    the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed
    error message. I have tried every conceivable suggestion on the web to resolve this issue including adding removing the computer from the domain, deleting the computer record in
    AD, using credential manager and PowerShell to fix the issue. There are several other machines on the network experiencing the same issue. I've rebooted the VMware hosts the servers and even our switches and nothing works. I can't do a system restore because
    all the options are greyed out in that panel. We are also seeing this issue when a programs/script running on one of our windows servers tries to connect to another of our windows servers. Any suggestions?

EdFabiano, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 domain workstations fail to login - Similar Threads - domain workstations fail

2. The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed when...: Hello,I have 1 user who when the user either leaves her device for too long, is idle on the [servername] server, or whether they just sign-out. Intermittently when she’s trying to reconnect she gets either of the following messages, this then requires her to reboot to be able...
  3. User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation: Hello,I was trying to rest my laptop because the Drive C was full. In the beginning of the resetting, it told me to free up some space. So, I started to delete some files and folders one of the folders was "Users". After resetting finished, when I try to log in, I get error...
  4. User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation: Hello,I was trying to rest my laptop because the Drive C was full. In the beginning of the resetting, it told me to free up some space. So, I started to delete some files and folders one of the folders was "Users". After resetting finished, when I try to log in, I get error...
  5. User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

in Windows 10 News
    The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed: If when you try log on to a computer that is running Windows 10 in a domain environment, and you receive the error message The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed, then this post is intended to help you with the most suitable solution to...
  7. Logging into windows domain with Windows 10 workstation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logging into windows domain with Windows 10 workstation: This is probably a stupidly simple question for some of the people on this so, so I apologize in advance. I have a laptop with Windows 10, and can sign into it using the account that was given. I also have been given a domain account and would like to sign into the domain...
  8. the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed: I am trying to map to a share on a VMware virtual server and I keep getting the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed error message. I have tried every conceivable suggestion on the web to resolve this issue including adding removing the computer...
  9. Windows 10 Feature Updates 1909 to 2004 Fail on Domain Joined Workstations.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Updates 1909 to 2004 Fail on Domain Joined Workstations.: I am running a WSUS server on Windows Server 2012 R2. I tried pushing out the 2004 feature update to a few computers in my lab but each one gets the same error - "Feature update to Windows 10 business editions, version 2004, en-us x64 - Error 0x80070057". I have tried...
  10. The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed: Hi Hopefully someone can point me towards a solution that will stick as this has been an ongoing issue for a while now and nothing i have tried has worked or has lasted. The issue first started about 18 months ago on a few machines while we were running Windows 7 Clients...