Windows 10: Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is...

Discus and support Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I replaced my HDD with SSD and installed Windows 10. Using the SSD Windows10 is not activated I tried using the Troubleshoot options as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dieffer, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Dieffer Win User

Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is...

Hello, I replaced my HDD with SSD and installed Windows 10. Using the SSD Windows10 is not activated I tried using the Troubleshoot options as well as deleting and adding devices on my Microsoft account. But still no success activating my Windows 10. I have a digital license using my Microsoft account.
    I used the old version ISO I received from the email Microsoft sent me a few years ago. The current build of my Windows is 1909 after an update.

I really don't know why it's not activating. On HDD my OS is activated but on the SSD drive it is not. What option do I have to make it activated again?

I have both the device on my Microsoft account but only the HDD one is appearing. The device on the left SSD is installed, on the right has the HDD.

Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is... 9b95b319-2cce-4d5e-b0b8-703b39db2bc5?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is... 69432143-b68c-43b6-848a-df3a703a1829?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is... 8ecc74d6-eebc-4615-8009-4d7c3ad835ed?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dieffer, Feb 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 activate After HDD to SSD Replacement

If I replace the HDD with an SSD and do a clean install of windows 10, the Microsoft activation server should recognize my system and activate it, or not?

Ramkesh.baghel, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Replacing my broken HDD. (windows 10 activation)

My current HDD in my laptop is dying and i'm replacing it soon with a new ssd. I'm just worried that if i install the new ssd and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it it might not activate?

so what i'm asking is would i still be able to activate a fresh install of windows 10 on my laptop even if i replaced the hdd with a new one?

I only upraded to win10 for free back when i had win8.1

It also says on the settings/activation tab: "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account"

thanks in advance. Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is... :)

Paolo Escoto, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is...

Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

Hey,

I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd.

The laptop does not have an additional hdd option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nikaash

NikaashSenpai, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is...

1. Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is... - Similar Threads - don't activate replacing

2. Replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing HDD with SSD: I'm planning on replacing my original HDD with an SSD using a clean install. Can I ask Microsoft for a copy of the original disk image of my system? I have a Pavilion g4-2013tx that came originally with a Windows 7. TIA....
  3. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  4. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  5. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing HDD with SSD: I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, and attempted to replace the 1TB HDD with a new 500 GB SSD not a problem as I was fresh installing not cloning and will not even use 500 GB. I initialised the Crucial MX500 SSD in Windows 10, with the same partition type as HDD GPT and a new...
  7. replaced HDD: Windows activation

replaced HDD: Windows activation: My HDD has died and I am going to install SSD. Can I install Windows 10 on the SSD and activate it? I purchased this PC with pre-installed Windows 10 a while ago....
  8. Windows 10 activate After HDD to SSD Replacement

Windows 10 activate After HDD to SSD Replacement: If I replace the HDD with an SSD and do a clean install of windows 10, the Microsoft activation server should recognize my system and activate it, or not?...
  9. Can't activate windows 10 after HDD replacement to SSD

Can't activate windows 10 after HDD replacement to SSD: Hello, my previous pc broke down, I placed the hard drive in a new pc and now it tells me to activate windows. Why should I rebuy windows if I don't use the old pc anymore? Does anyone have some tips?...
  10. Unable to activate my OS after replacing HDD with SSD.

Unable to activate my OS after replacing HDD with SSD.: I was having problem with my HDD. it become slow because of reallocation of sector unit error. so I decided to replace my HDD with SSD. After replacing I installed the same version of windows which I was using on HDD. but now I m unable to activate my windows with digital...