Windows 10: Windows 10 - Don't have permissions to install in Program Files, but I'm the sole...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Don't have permissions to install in Program Files, but I'm the sole... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this problem over the years with Windows. I just re-installed Windows 10, and it won't let me install anything into Program Files. It... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DerekFarris, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Don't have permissions to install in Program Files, but I'm the sole...

Hi,

I've had this problem over the years with Windows. I just re-installed Windows 10, and it won't let me install anything into Program Files. It says I need to be an administrator, but I AM the administrator, which is shown in User Accounts. How can I have permission to use my own PC at this point?

:)

DerekFarris, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Jan 17, 2021
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jan 17, 2021
  4. louhoang Win User

Windows 10 - Don't have permissions to install in Program Files, but I'm the sole...

File permissions to delete file

You can try the steps below

1. Right click the file to that you don’t have permission to access. Vlick Properties.
    2. Go to Security tab and select Edit.
    3. Select Add button
    4. Type Everyone then select Check Names. Click OK to save changes.
    5. you will be back in the previous window, under Group or users names, choose Everyone then check mark Full control.
    you can refer more: Fix: You dont currently have permission to access this folder in Windows 10

louhoang, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Don't have permissions to install in Program Files, but I'm the sole...

1. Windows 10 - Don't have permissions to install in Program Files, but I'm the sole... - Similar Threads - Don't permissions install

2. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  3. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  4. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  6. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  7. windows 10 program files permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 program files permissions: Hi, I’m using windows 10 20h2, I make a fresh install on my laptop. During the installation I set up a User, this is the only one user on laptop, and it have adminrights. But with this user I can’t edit program files and program filesx86 folders, because it’s said access...
  8. Windows 10 permissions to install a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 permissions to install a program: I just got a new windows 10 desktop. Installing software. So far so good. Then, trying to install another program, i get a notice that the administrator blocked me from installing the program. I am the only user of said computer. When i go into my user properties, under...
  9. I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.: Things on my computer have been really weird lately. It started with it not wanting to install programs because it couldn't get access to the file locations of where it wanted to install. Now, I can't even run .msi files or even basic .exe files without it telling me that I...
  10. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...