Windows 10: Windows 10 don't shut down due to a driver problem

Discus and support Windows 10 don't shut down due to a driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, My HP EliteBook 8540w with windows 10 Pro 64, don't shut down, with fast startup enabled. It creates a Kernel Dump file. I have used WinDbg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jorge Martins, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 don't shut down due to a driver problem

Hi all,
    My HP EliteBook 8540w with windows 10 Pro 64, don't shut down, with fast startup enabled.
    It creates a Kernel Dump file.
    I have used WinDbg and got this result:
    On Thu 01-12-2016 23:06:19 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\win32k.sys-20161201-2306.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3D7D53)
    Bugcheck code: 0xAB (0x1, 0x1D0, 0x1D0, 0x300000003)
    Error: SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a session unload occurred while a session driver still held memory.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

This can be an outdated driver, right?
    How can I identify it and solve it?

Thanks

:)

Jorge Martins, Dec 1, 2016
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Windows 10 will not shut down due to a phantom app that cannot be stopped

Hi,

It's possible that this is due to damaged or corrupted Windows system components. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• If there's any, may we know the exact error message you're getting when your having the issue?
    • What have you done so far, assisted or not, to troubleshoot the issue?
    • Does the screen goes back to the log in page when you're trying to shut down your device?

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Dec 1, 2016
  3. MeonMeon Win User
    Windows 10 will not shut down due to a phantom app that cannot be stopped

Hi, I am running Windows 10 64 bit version 1709 as the result of a big update a few days ago

Its now 14th December 2017

Now shutdown fails because it says there is an app running that cannot be stopped.

Task manager shows no apps running.

The shutdown anyway option works OK

MeonMeon, Dec 1, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Windows 10 don't shut down due to a driver problem

Please upload the .dmp file for analysis.

Neemobeer, Dec 1, 2016
  5. I am uploading it.
    Thanks

Jorge Martins, Dec 2, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    First there is a forum specific for BSOD problems.
    With posting instruction for the DM log for analysing.
    Ask a moderator to move this thread to that forum.

lifetec, Dec 2, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    Fast Startup is more trouble than worth. I have it turned off on everyone of my computers. Including my wife's computers.

Winuser, Dec 2, 2016
  8. Windows 10 don't shut down due to a driver problem

Can you explain why, please?
    Thank You

Jorge Martins, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 don't shut down due to a driver problem

1. Windows 10 don't shut down due to a driver problem - Similar Threads - don't shut down

2. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  3. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  4. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  5. windows shut down problem

windows shut down problem: When I shut down the windows 10, it re-boots itself. why and how to repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shut-down-problem/1b9c754d-59aa-43ff-9749-c841d8efdb11
  6. Windows 10 - Shut down problems

Windows 10 - Shut down problems: Just checking if this is a common problem and if so, how to fix it. Running Windows 10 (64 bit) on HP Pavilion 580-091a (Intel Core i7 8700, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard disc, NVIDIA GeForce 1060 graphics card) In the last week or so I have experienced several occasions when Windows...
  7. Shut down problems Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down problems Windows 10: I am using windows 10 on my HP laptop. I am having a couple issues with this. The first and most important issue is when I shut down my computer to turn it off, the PC seems to do all things properly shutting down but after the process is done and my PC screen is black, my...
  8. windows 10 problem in shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 problem in shutting down: Hi. I am using windows 10 and my laptop name is dell inspiron 15 3000 series 3542 and 4GB RAM and 1TB HARD DISK.My laptop is not shutting down properly.It doesn't shut down and CD rom is still working and fan is also working and is getting heat. main thing is my laptop is...
  9. Shut down problems Window 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down problems Window 10: Coincidently I began having issues after the last windows update. I started having problems shutting down my laptop. It would seem to shut down but the power would not go off--as if it were in the sleep mode. I would have to push the power down button. No error message would...
  10. Windows 10 shut down problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shut down problem: Upgraded desk top (self-build) from Windows 7 HP 64 bit to Windows 10 Home 64 bit using the Windows Update method. All went well exceptthat when I press Start button > Power > Shut down the pc shuts down andthen immediately it restarts again as if I had pressed on Restart...