Windows 10: Windows 10: Double click does not work when opening folders. None of the browser bookmarks...

Discus and support Windows 10: Double click does not work when opening folders. None of the browser bookmarks... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10: Double click does not work when opening folders. None of the browser bookmarks open with double click. I tried everything in this link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mainul28, May 22, 2020.

1. Mainul28 Win User

Windows 10: Double click does not work when opening folders. None of the browser bookmarks...

Windows 10: Double click does not work when opening folders. None of the browser bookmarks open with double click.

I tried everything in this link.

Works for sometime, then problem happens again.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/start-menuwindows-explorer-not-working-cant-left/c078ded4-ee2b-49f3-a8a6-9aa86970a616

Reinstalled windows several times, still does not help.

I need help desperately.

Please help.

:)

Mainul28, May 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hub - Bookmarks

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

As per your post, it is difficult to retrieve the Bookmark files, which are lost.

There is no option to open Bookmark folders in Microsoft Edge. Alternatively, we can use Internet Explorer to open all the bookmarks at once.

I would suggest you to leave a Feedback in the feedback app. You may simply search for “Windows Feedback” from the search box, or give your feedbacks on Microsoft Edge browser.

Let's try to follow these steps, mentioned below:

• Click on More actions (...) option on right top end corner of Microsoft Edge browser.
    • Click on Send feedback tab in the More actions (...) Window, then select
      Problem with Browser and type your feedback in Tell us more Window.
    Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10: Double click does not work when opening folders. None of the browser bookmarks...

Edge: Bookmark import -- no outside browsers recognized

Hi Brian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on your information you need to select right option to import favorites form a different browser. Try the below steps to import favorites from firebox.

Step 1.

• Open Firefox and press Ctrl + Shift + B together, now click on
      Import and backup.

• Select Exports Bookmarks to HTML and
      save
      the favorite to a folder.
    Step 2.

• Open internet explorer and press Alt + Z.

• Select Import and export now click on Import from a file.

• Click on Next and select Favorites.

• Now browse for the file where you have save Firefox favorites and click on the bookmark and click open and click
      Next, now import the bookmark.

• Once you are done importing favorites in internet explorer, you can import it on Microsoft edge.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: Double click does not work when opening folders. None of the browser bookmarks...

1. Windows 10: Double click does not work when opening folders. None of the browser bookmarks... - Similar Threads - Double click does

2. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  3. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  4. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  6. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  7. Unable to open folders when I double click.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open folders when I double click.: Except for photos, whenever I double click on a file in a folder, I get the rotating donut and the file never opens. This happens for Word, PPT, Excel at least. It's not the mouse since doube click on photos in the folders opens the photo up immediately. It also happens...
  8. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...
  9. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...
  10. WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click

in Windows 10 Support
    WINDOWS 10: Folders Window Opens Twice On Double Click: Hello, Every time i double a folder at times it opens the folder in a new window "twice" - this is becoming really annoying. Is there a way for me to resolve this? I've followed the basic troubleshooting guides found when searching around but it seems like nothing has...