Windows 10: Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just noticed this today while using chrome, as I use the down arrow key to select the search term I'm looking for more often than I had know. The issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TedStrassburg, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working

Just noticed this today while using chrome, as I use the down arrow key to select the search term I'm looking for more often than I had know. The issue persists in every application I run from Notepad to Excel, the down arrow key is not registering. I found a program called Aqua'S KeyTest to verify that it's not a hardware issue. The program recognizes the down arrow key press as well as all of the other keys on the board. The issue stems when trying to use that one key in Windows with any other application. Quick check in VLC Media Player and that program does recognize the key.

Aqua'S KeyTest shows the Down Arrow Windows code to be 40 0x28 E and am wondering if this was somehow changed in Windows 10 by accident ? I have to restart the PC in order to make the Down Arrow key function again but after whatever length of period deemed necessary, Windows stops recognizing that key press to register in any application at all save for Aqua'S KeyTest. So something has changed or is changing from the time I first start the PC and the key stops being registered.

Screen capture is holding the Down Arrow Key along with the Print Screen Key.

Thoughts ? Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working 49498f19-9284-44dd-a973-32b37f06d607?upload=true.jpg

:)

TedStrassburg, Feb 2, 2020

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 2, 2020
  4. rsanna Win User

Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working

Windows + Arrow Keys Stops working

1. I am using a USB Keyboard. It is only keyboard I have.

2. I have not made any changes to the PC prior to the issue.

3. My keyboard is a Logitech K520.

Method 1:

The arrow keys work fine if used individually - as does the Windows key. Toggling with FN does nothing to allow the WIndows + arrow keys shortcut again, and since the arrow keys work individually this does nothing for that. Also of note: I have tried unplugging
    and replugging my keyboard back in, and the Windows + Arrow Key functionality still does not come back.

Method 2:

This is the only keyboard I have. I never had this issue with Windows 8.1, and as I stated after a reboot the WIndows + Arrow Keys shortcut will work, until Windows 10 messes up.

I believe it is a Windows 10 issue instead of a hardware issue because a window will literally disappear while using the Windows + Arrow Keys shortcut.

• It is not minimized.
    • It is not on another screen.
    • It is not on another desktop. (I only have 1 Desktop, and regardless the Windows + Ctrl + Arrow Keys shortcut does work if I create a new virtual desktop.)
    • Hover-highlight on the program on the task bar does not bring the window back.
    • Using the task manager does not bring the window back.
    • Using Alt + Tab does not bring the window back.
    • And using WIndows + Arrow keys does not bring the window back.
    After this Windows 10 issue occurs I lose the WIndows + Arrow Keys functionality until I reboot again. At which time, it will work perfectly for an indeterminate amount of time until a window gets "lost" while using the shortcut and becomes inaccessible
    for mouse functions (because I cannot see it, but other keyboard functions continue to work). Again this did not happen with Windows 8.1 and has only happened since upgrading to Windows 10.

rsanna, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working

1. Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working - Similar Threads - Down Arrow Key

2. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  3. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  4. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  5. Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working: Hey, I have seen this issue, but none of the solutions seem to work for me. Basically, when I boot up the computer, they won't work. If I uninstall the keyboard and reboot, as many suggest, the arrow keys will work again but not for too long. Sometimes they will work for 5...
  6. Arrow keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not working: Hi! Is someone able to help me please? My left and right arrow keys are not working well. They both do things like reload and go to previous pages on chrome. And they dont work anymore in typing....
  7. down arrow key not worrking

in Windows 10 Customization
    down arrow key not worrking: so this is a software problem. i know this cause the down arrow key for the on screen keyboard also doesn't work iv gone through the following trying to fix it iv; cleaned out my keyboard, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, reset my computer, and tried on screen...
  8. Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop: hey, i am facing issue that my Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop. and some keys from the number pad also. like when i click on 1 number button on top of Q letter, it works when number lock is on/off and after changing the number lock it...
  9. Windows down arrow key stuck?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows down arrow key stuck?: I have recently built my third computer, but the keyboard or something else seems to be wrong. The down arrow is not working properly, it is stuck in place. I have tried everything to get it to not be stuck. I first tried sticky keys, but that did nothing, I pulled up the...
  10. Down Arrow Key Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Down Arrow Key Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hi Everyone I did my windows 10 update recently land since then my down arrow key isnt working. This applies for both the down arrow key and the down arrow function on the numeric key pad. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to rectify this issue?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the arrow up and down not working in windows 10

2. Up and down arrow keys not working Windows 10