Windows 10: Windows 10 Downgrade Back to 7 Problem With Licence Key.

Discus and support Windows 10 Downgrade Back to 7 Problem With Licence Key. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, so about 10-20days ago I had upgraded to Win10. Upon not liking I said I will see how it feels for the next 2 weeks. Now after this period of time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beezito, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Beezito Win User

Windows 10 Downgrade Back to 7 Problem With Licence Key.

Hey, so about 10-20days ago I had upgraded to Win10. Upon not liking I said I will see how it feels for the next 2 weeks. Now after this period of time ended (Today) I still don't like it so I downgraded back to Win7 which was a breeze.
    But now when I logged back in to Win7 OS everything was fine but, it said I must activate windows now and I have a non genuine build (Build 7600 Cause I didn't have a priated key). Now I find this a bit odd as I did have a genuine key before and not now which is why I could upgrade to Win10.
    Thoughts on advice, I'm a bit of a pickle although it is not too important. It still pisses me off when I see 'non genuine'.

Kind Regards
    Windows 10 Downgrade Back to 7 Problem With Licence Key. :)

:)

Beezito, Aug 31, 2015

2. Currently running W10 preview do I need to downgrade to reserve?

Windows 7 pro full edition was installed on my laptop but I wiped it and installed the windows 10 preview a while back.

How do I get the reservation to work with this. Do I need to wipe my laptop and downgrade Windows 7 with my licence key?

WalkersWay, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 7.

Hello Community,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 onto my Intel NUC but I only have a Windows 10 licence key, is it possible to install Windows 10 onto my machine and downgrade to Windows 7? or change the product key so it works with Windows 7.

I did not upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 so I'm unable to use to downgrade tool.

Thank you for your time,

Mitch.

MitchellSmith3D, Aug 31, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is there a COA label on your laptop that has a Windows 7 key on it?

Or, from an elevated command prompt ("Run as administrator" command prompt), type "slui 4" without the quotes. That should bring up the phone activation Window. Try activating the Windows 7 by phone and it might be as simple as telling the computer voice prompt your Windows 7 has only been installed on one computer when asked.

NavyLCDR, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Beezito Win User
    Thx but the label for the computers key is for windows vista, because 2yrs back I put in a SSD for more stability and speed. But a person lets say from a 'computer shop' installed windows 7 with an oem key because he was 'friendly'. I'll try the windows 7 activation by phone thx.

Beezito, Aug 31, 2015
  6. MS won't help you with activation of OEM versions because they see that as the OEM's problem, not theirs -- and they are correct.

Mark Phelps, Sep 1, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I was talking about the automated phone activation where you call the 800 number and enter the Installation ID shown on the screen. After several re-installs of my family 3 pack licensed Windows 7, it would no longer activate automatically over the internet and I would have to call, enter the Installation ID shown on the screen, a computer voice would ask me how many computers I had installed this version of Windows on, I would answer "one", and the friendly computer generated voice would give me the return code to enter to activate it.

However, looking back, I guess that was a Retail key, though.

Good luck. You definitely did not get a legitimate license for Windows 7.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Downgrade Back to 7 Problem With Licence Key. - Similar Threads - Downgrade Problem Licence

2. windows 7 ultimate licence key activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 ultimate licence key activate: i purchase windows 7 ultimate licence key but after type kay in windows activate option get error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-ultimate-licence-key-activate/f7c7a91f-6d13-4646-90a8-e1e6f10ae808
  3. windows 7 ultimate licence key activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 ultimate licence key activate: i purchase windows 7 ultimate licence key but after type kay in windows activate option get error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-ultimate-licence-key-activate/f7c7a91f-6d13-4646-90a8-e1e6f10ae808
  4. Downgrade back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade back to Windows 10: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. I strongly dislike Windows 11, for example the difficulty in simply changing default browser. Can I downgrade back to Windows 10 without problems?...
  5. Downgrade back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade back to Windows 10: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. I strongly dislike Windows 11, for example the difficulty in simply changing default browser. Can I downgrade back to Windows 10 without problems?...
  6. downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help!: I have lately decided to upgrade to win10 with an old-timer. However, mainly because of the HDD and the old processor, it takes very long to boot up and wake from sleep. Around 30-2 mins. I never had this problem when it was win7, so I decided to revert.However, by the time I...
  7. Windows 10 product key downgrade to windows 7

Windows 10 product key downgrade to windows 7: So I got a copy of windows 10 for free from the Microsoft website and I installed It to reset my laptop but now I cant revert back to windows 7 because I need a product key and I don't know where to find it considering my mother bought this laptop from someone else and it...
  8. downgrade windows 10 to 7

downgrade windows 10 to 7: Hi, The Windows downgrade option is not available and not showing up in the recovery setting. Looking for solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-10-to-7/f7a8c920-f220-4104-b5c7-15dcf08dc9c0
  9. downgrading windows 10 back to original Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading windows 10 back to original Windows 7: I built a PC specific PC to try out Windows 10. I installed Win 7 and then the free upgrade to 10. After several updates I have lost patience with 10 and wish to return to the original 7 installation. I have the original Win 7 disc and am aware of the new product key issued...
  10. Problems when downgrading to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems when downgrading to Windows 7: Hello everybody, Recently I attempted to use the Windows 10 feature of downgrading to and restoring Windows 7. However when in the process of restoring Windows 7 my computer freezes. Any help to prevent this, or to stop the process entirely so that I could use an...