Windows 10: Windows 10 downgrade to windows 7 advice

Discus and support Windows 10 downgrade to windows 7 advice in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I upgraded one of my users PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10, now my user is having issues running software packages that worked fine on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by James B112233, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 downgrade to windows 7 advice

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded one of my users PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10, now my user is having issues running software packages that worked fine on windows 7.

I have been asked to roll back to Windows 7 to resolve these issues.

I can see that I can roll back to Windows 7 by going to "Settings" > Tap: "Update and security" > Click "Recovery" > Tap: "Get Started" under Go Back to Windows 7.

I need to know that if I choose to roll back to Windows 7 that the software will be carried back over to the Windows 7 operating system without me needing to reinstall it?

Can anyone advise me on this?

:)

James B112233, Oct 23, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows 7 Will Allow Downgrades too

Even though there's still some time left before the official release of Windows 7, Microsoft - the creator of this OS - confirmed today that just like some Windows Vista distributions could be downgraded to Windows XP with ease, the same will apply to Windows 7. General users of Windows 7 will be given the option of downgrading right over Vista to Windows XP, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed.
    "This is not the first time that Microsoft has offered downgrade rights to a version other than its immediate predecessor," the spokesperson told Betanews, "and our Software Assurance customers can always downgrade to any previous version of Windows."
    Microsoft hasn't detailed exactly how downgrade rights will work with Windows 7 - for now we know that Windows 7 will be downgradable to either Windows Vista or Windows XP - the rest of the details remain unclear.

Source: Betanews

malware, Oct 23, 2020
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 downgrade to windows 7 advice

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 downgrade to windows 7 advice

1. Windows 10 downgrade to windows 7 advice - Similar Threads - downgrade advice

2. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  3. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  4. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  5. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  6. downgrading from win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  7. downgrading from win11

downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  8. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  9. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  10. I just want to downgrade Windows 10

I just want to downgrade Windows 10: Ok, I was asking my brother to buy me a Minecraft game, but he told me to upgrade Windows 11 that he can buy me a Minecraft game. So I upgraded. But I was worried about Windows 10. I really don't like Windows 11, it's so bad. I need to tell the engineers of Microsoft to...