Windows 10: Windows 10 downgraded after reset!!

Discus and support Windows 10 downgraded after reset!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a MSI Modern 14 a week ago and I installed and updated all the drivers from MSI Drivers app and Windows driver. I updated each driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cveshh, Jul 2, 2020.

1. /u/cveshh Win User

Windows 10 downgraded after reset!!

Hello,

I bought a MSI Modern 14 a week ago and I installed and updated all the drivers from MSI Drivers app and Windows driver.

I updated each driver manually after windows automatically did though MSI Drivers app.

I decided to rest it and get a fresh computer as it came out of the box. When I formatted it, the latest update Windows 2004, (May 2020edition) that was installed on laptop downgraded.

Also, I see a difference in scaling of all the apps and when I right click on the laptop to MSI True color a profile which was named Gaming is also missing.

I rechecked and installed every update buy I can't seem to get back the latest version.

I did some digging and found windows 10 update assistant but after downloading everything and going to 100% it says my Computer isn't compatible with this update. (But I was using it before the reset.)

Now, Can please someone help me with the latest update because the UI feels a little different and the all the profiles from MSI True color are not as same as the updated Profile.

Thank You

submitted by /u/cveshh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cveshh, Jul 2, 2020

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 downgraded after reset!!

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 downgraded after reset!!

1. Windows 10 downgraded after reset!! - Similar Threads - downgraded reset

2. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  3. WILL RESET OF PC DOWNGRADE THE WINDOWS VERSION?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WILL RESET OF PC DOWNGRADE THE WINDOWS VERSION?: I got my laptop with windows 10 pro. now i am get into windows 11 pro insider preview dev channel . now i want to get back into windows 10 pro stable version. If I reset the PC then it will goes to WIndows 10 pro or it still in windows 11 pro insider preview.......? can...
  4. WILL RESET OF PC DOWNGRADE THE WINDOWS VERSION?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WILL RESET OF PC DOWNGRADE THE WINDOWS VERSION?: I got my laptop with windows 10 pro. now i am get into windows 11 pro insider preview dev channel . now i want to get back into windows 10 pro stable version. If I reset the PC then it will goes to WIndows 10 pro or it still in windows 11 pro insider preview.......? can...
  5. Can Upgraded Windows 11 downgraded to windows 10 if I reset My Pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Upgraded Windows 11 downgraded to windows 10 if I reset My Pc?: Hi,I brought my pc with preinstalled windows 10, after sometime it was updated to windows 11, it's been more than a year as far as i remember, now i want to reset my pc, But question is if I reset now which version will reinstall windows 10 or windows 11 since it is factory...
  6. Can Upgraded Windows 11 downgraded to windows 10 if I reset My Pc?

Can Upgraded Windows 11 downgraded to windows 10 if I reset My Pc?: Hi,I brought my pc with preinstalled windows 10, after sometime it was updated to windows 11, it's been more than a year as far as i remember, now i want to reset my pc, But question is if I reset now which version will reinstall windows 10 or windows 11 since it is factory...
  7. Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...: Hello, To whom it may concern, yesterday I had issues starting up a client/software so I decided to go to run - msconfig and use the diagnostic start up, being unaware i couldnt get back into user as it was saying password incorrect, anyway I rebooted it in safe mode using...
  8. Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...: Hello, To whom it may concern, yesterday I had issues starting up a client/software so I decided to go to run - msconfig and use the diagnostic start up, being unaware i couldnt get back into user as it was saying password incorrect, anyway I rebooted it in safe mode using...
  9. Is my Windows's license key reset after downgrading Windows to 1909?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is my Windows's license key reset after downgrading Windows to 1909?: Hello, So I've been considering to downgrade to 1909, but I'm not sure if it's a really good decision. Will my license key get reset if I downgrade it? Also, what's the difference between 1909 and 20H2? Thank you....
  10. No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10.: [img] I have Lenovo Ideacenter Desktop with window 7 OS. Last week, i upgraded it to win 10 and downgraded back to window 7. Now problem is that i am unable to do factory reset (lenovo Green leaves screensaver page) even after restarting and pressing F2 key repeatedly....