Windows 10: Windows 10 download fail!

Discus and support Windows 10 download fail! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was locked out of my computer because my email was deleted I wasn't able to sign back into my computer because my email was deleted and there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by extremegamer459, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 download fail!

I was locked out of my computer because my email was deleted I wasn't able to sign back into my computer because my email was deleted and there was noway of getting in. I contacted microsoft and they said to wipe it completely and install windows 10. Its been over a year since I last tried but i still can't seem to get it working, I just get the error message, I need this computer to run some PC apps that I can't use on my Chromebook, What's my best option?

:)

extremegamer459, Dec 14, 2018
  2. obby53 Win User

Repeated windows 10 downloads failed.

Windows 10 download failed according to the updates list. Windows 10 downloads failed three times yesterday the 28th and four times today.

Updates list Windows 10 failed to download. I followed the suggested links to find out why, to no avail.

80240020 is the error code.

Obby

obby53, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

New CU for Anniversary Update. Brings system to 14393.726

KB 3216755 (January 26)

Pretty important update. Brings lots of fixes and installs without issues.

Download:

x64 [1.02 GB]

x86 [562 MB]

Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986—Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the conversion of a 24-bit image to 32 bits.
    • Addressed issue that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511 or 1607.
    • Addressed issue that causes a file download from a webpage to fail in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone when the Intranet Sites: Include all sites that bypass the proxy server (Disabled) is set.
    • Addressed issue where an XSS false positive prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
    • Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a network
    • Addressed issue that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to fail if Active Directory Federated Systems is using the Japanese language set
    • Addressed issue that causes System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) scenarios to fail
    • Addressed issue that prevents user-built keyboard events from working.
    • Addressed issue that causes incorrect table dimensions in SAP® applications
    • Addressed issue that overwrites a <br>element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
    • Improved reliability of Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Skype
    • Addressed additional issues with Bluetooth, Internet Explorer, engaged reboot, clustering, Internet Explorer, Japanese Input Method Editor (IME), Windows Shell. Networking, storage, fonts, Xbox, encryption, Group Policy, Point and Print, wireless networking, virtual disk, disk operations, multimedia, Work Folders, encryption, enterprise security, deduplication, domain controllers, Audit File System, Debug Memory Manager, Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS), Remote Desktop, Task Scheduler, Microphone Wizard, .NET, font cache, system boot, and Surface Studio

Drone, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 download fail!

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 download fail!

1. Windows 10 download fail! - Similar Threads - download fail

2. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092
  3. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092
  4. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50
  6. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50
  7. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store continously fails to download anything: Hi! i've been trying to use the Microsoft store for a few days now but whenever i try to download anything the Microsoft store asks me to elevate it so it can download a host process and a few seconds after the download fails with no explanation whatsoeverI've tried just...
  8. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store continously fails to download anything: Hi! i've been trying to use the Microsoft store for a few days now but whenever i try to download anything the Microsoft store asks me to elevate it so it can download a host process and a few seconds after the download fails with no explanation whatsoeverI've tried just...
  9. Microsoft store continously fails to download anything

10. A update called KB5001716 from 2023-10 tried downloading and failed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A update called KB5001716 from 2023-10 tried downloading and failed?: Okay, what is Microsoft even doing anymore? I complained about this same update in a previous post because I thought it was a random out-of-the blue update on a non-patch Tuesday.But can someone explain why a version of the update from 2023–10 also tried to download? The...