Windows 10: Windows 10 download size

Discus and support Windows 10 download size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a question which Id like to ask being new at this I need to understand the answer. My question... Why are windows 10 downloads so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nickynoo, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Nickynoo Win User

Windows 10 download size

Hi

I have a question which Id like to ask being new at this I need to understand the answer.

My question...
    Why are windows 10 downloads so large? Im talking about the insider builds and I can understand that if you are on windows 7 or something the first time you switch to 10 that the download will be large. But installing a new build on top of that build I would think that the download sizes would be smaller, after all you have installed the main part of windows 10 and by installing a new build you are merely adding features or fixing bugs that were in your pervious version. I can imagine that in order to fix some bugs areas of the OS have to be re written - hence the large sizes. I am asking this because some users have limited bandwidth or a slower connection speed. In some cases the bandwidth that a potential users is allotted from the service provider barely covers an insider build.
    Also perhaps I should be posting this in a separate post - when I was downloading and installing tp builds the downloading often took me in the region of 5 hours and then the installation of that build also took about 5 hours. Ive read that this is because of the programs on my hard disk' having to be re installed.

Nick

:)

Nickynoo, Sep 15, 2015
  2. kumar11 Win User

Windows 10 Update download

How many days will take to download the windows 10 update file, what is the size of the windows 10 update, why Microsoft is not disclosing the file size while downloading. we are not doing any manual settings to download windows update then how download
    problems are occurring in download. worst update.

kumar11, Sep 15, 2015
  3. lumia 540 windows 10 size

Sir I want to update my Lumia 540 to windows 10 what is the download size from wifi is Lumia 540 widows 10 is official or insider preview please tell and tell the download size

jiveshkumar soni, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Windows 10 download size

The majority of the insider builds are under 4.0Gb.

5. lx07 Win User
    Insider builds aren't just fixes - each one is a full OS - you can clean install them. That is why they are large - each one is (more or less) the same size as the RTM version as it has (more or less) the same stuff in it.

6. Berton Win User
    Due to so many things in Windows interacting with other parts it is more time/labor-effective/efficient just to make the whole thing available. Or as Mr. Spock would say, Logical.

Berton, Sep 15, 2015
  7. Nickynoo Win User
    As you say you can clean install them, what if you dont want to?

Nickynoo, Sep 15, 2015
  8. Nickynoo Win User

Windows 10 download size

Haha @Berton
    I dont have a problem with the process, just the time it takes, guess Ill just have to put up with it. The size of the downloads still baffles me though.

Nickynoo, Sep 15, 2015
  9. I appreciate the problem only too well, my download and install times are similar to yours! Mostly due to my slow internet speed!

thegeriatric, Sep 15, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    In reality, what we download is not much different in size from the DVD we get when purchasing the program. A number of programs take advantage of the storage capacity of the CD or DVD discs in providing that popular thing called Content. Wait until Blu-Ray in computing really catches on, 25GB on a disc [or maybe 50GB], did I hear someone mention Virtual Reality gaming for the masses?.

Berton, Sep 15, 2015
  11. Berton Win User
    Me, too. 35 for the 40th time.

Berton, Sep 15, 2015
  12. Nickynoo Win User
    But still I worry for those who dont unlimited (or lots of bandwidth) to download these things. It simply excludes some people because they cannot afford the cost of these massive downloads. Im lucky I connect my personal laptop to the works wifi and download that way.

Nickynoo, Sep 15, 2015
  13. Nickynoo Win User

Windows 10 download size

My age went 1,2, .... 18, .... 23, .... 33, 46

Nickynoo, Sep 15, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    You don't have to , just go the upgrade route using Windows Update.

Thema:

Windows 10 download size

1. Windows 10 download size - Similar Threads - download size

2. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  3. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  4. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Increased WinRE size to 1GB, KB5034441 still has Download error - 0x80070643

Increased WinRE size to 1GB, KB5034441 still has Download error - 0x80070643: HiI assumed that to fix the KB5034441 issue was to increase the WinRE size, in my case I increased it to 1GBand after having to watch a youtube video to repair the issue caused by the instructions given by Microsoft to increase it.and even after all that, KB5034441 still...
  6. Increased WinRE size to 1GB, KB5034441 still has Download error - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increased WinRE size to 1GB, KB5034441 still has Download error - 0x80070643: HiI assumed that to fix the KB5034441 issue was to increase the WinRE size, in my case I increased it to 1GBand after having to watch a youtube video to repair the issue caused by the instructions given by Microsoft to increase it.and even after all that, KB5034441 still...
  7. Increased WinRE size to 1GB, KB5034441 still has Download error - 0x80070643

8. Windows 10 Search Icon has changed size after downloading update

Windows 10 Search Icon has changed size after downloading update: I just installed the following on my machine:Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5026361Update for Microsoft Windows KB5025183Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.2905I found that my search icon has increased in size, but the search bar setting is still a normal sized icon. Why?...
  9. Windows 10 Search Icon has changed size after downloading update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Icon has changed size after downloading update: I just installed the following on my machine:Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5026361Update for Microsoft Windows KB5025183Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.2905I found that my search icon has increased in size, but the search bar setting is still a normal sized icon. Why?...
  10. Windows 10 Search Icon has changed size after downloading update