Windows 10: Windows 10 Download Updates Button Unclickable

Discus and support Windows 10 Download Updates Button Unclickable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows screen says: "After October 10, 2017, Microsoft will no longer support your version of Windows 10, and this PC won't receive critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rkshrest, Oct 21, 2018.

1. rkshrest Win User

Windows 10 Download Updates Button Unclickable

My Windows screen says:

"After October 10, 2017, Microsoft will no longer support your version of Windows 10, and this PC won't receive critical security updates . . . . .Select Download updates to begin downloading and installing the new version of Windows 10. The update may be up to 6 GB . . . ."

When I click on Download Updates, or Not Right Now, nothing happens AT ALL. I click them buttons but nothing happening. I do have lots of space.

:)

rkshrest, Oct 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 21, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Oct 21, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download December 12 CU KB4054517 x64 (510.9MB)

Brings system to 16299.125

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Download Updates Button Unclickable - Similar Threads - Download Updates Button

2. Windows 11 - Disbling S Mode - "Get" Button Disappears or is unclickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disbling S Mode - "Get" Button Disappears or is unclickable: It was 8 months ago ... a sunny summer day, and I typed this into a YouTube video's comment section:"When I clicked on the "Get" button in Store,the button disappeared... like, poof, gone... and my PC still hasn't switched out of S Mode.I restarted and all, but it's still not...
  3. Windows 10 update download button does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update download button does nothing: Hello! I recently installed windows 10 onto my sister's PC. Most of the update downloaded and installed properly. But the ones shown in the picture won't download. It just says pending download and the download button does nothing. The windows update troubleshooter doesn't...
  4. Windows 10 update download button does nothing

Windows 10 update download button does nothing: Hello! I recently installed windows 10 onto my sister's PC. Most of the update downloaded and installed properly. But the ones shown in the picture won't download. It just says pending download and the download button does nothing. The windows update troubleshooter doesn't...
  5. Windows 10 update download button does nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows update 'Download' button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update 'Download' button not working: I have pending installations for windows 10 but I cannot download them. I keep clicking the "download" button in windows update but there is no response to it.I've already tried several solutions like starting some of the services and running sfc and DISM but no luck. Many of...
  7. Windows update 'Download' button not working

Windows update 'Download' button not working: I have pending installations for windows 10 but I cannot download them. I keep clicking the "download" button in windows update but there is no response to it.I've already tried several solutions like starting some of the services and running sfc and DISM but no luck. Many of...
  8. Windows update 'Download' button not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Mouse causing problem with unclickable taskbar and buttons.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse causing problem with unclickable taskbar and buttons.: I've had this problem for a while where the start menu, taskbar and various buttons/windows repeatedly became unclickable until I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del. Just now, I managed to figure out the cause of the problem: My newly bought Hama uRage Reaper Revolution mouse. As soon as I...
  10. DEP unclickable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DEP unclickable: ​Long story short, I have been trying to play a game I downloaded from the internet and my laptop has been refusing to play it and the game just wont work, because it is a 16 bit program trying to work in a 64 bit computer. After some research I finally figured out how to fix...