Windows 10: Windows 10 download

Discus and support Windows 10 download in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is windows 10 supposed to download on computers that signed up through that notification thing before the 29th? I ask this because since yesterday i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoeShades, Jul 24, 2015.

1. JoeShades Win User

Windows 10 download

Is windows 10 supposed to download on computers that signed up through that notification thing before the 29th? I ask this because since yesterday i have lost 10Gb of hard drive space and i have not download a thing

:)

JoeShades, Jul 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 24, 2015
  4. bagavan Win User

Windows 10 download

It will download after 29th and not before that. By the my HDD space is the same.

bagavan, Jul 24, 2015
  5. JoeShades Win User
    what do you mean yours is the same? you lost 10GB in the last day?

JoeShades, Jul 24, 2015
  6. bagavan Win User
    I meant that my computer has not downloaded anything even though I have reserved. The OS size is only 3 GB. Thereby you should not have lost that much amount due to windows 10

bagavan, Jul 24, 2015
  7. JoeShades Win User
    Yeah i thought it was around that size, this is very odd

JoeShades, Jul 24, 2015
  8. bagavan Win User

Windows 10 download

My notification has slightly changed.

It says 3 GB background download required.

Windows 10 download [​IMG]

bagavan, Jul 24, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Jul 24, 2015
  10. It will install after the 29th, but it could download part or all of the files it needs to do the upgrade before the 29th. That's the whole point of the Get Windows 10 App.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...nMore_win10faq
    When you reserve, you can confirm your device is compatible with Windows 10. Between reservation and when your upgrade is ready, the files you need for the upgrade will be downloaded to your PC to make the final installation go more quickly. Then, when your upgrade is ready after July 29, 2015, you get a notification that lets you get started with your upgrade.

alphanumeric, Jul 24, 2015
  11. JoeShades Win User
    Well it is a mystery, i will have to try one of those programs

JoeShades, Jul 24, 2015
  12. Antilope Win User
    Any speculation about the final RTM version containing an .esd file we can make an ISO from? Would be nice to do a clean install right away after getting the RTM upgrade version of Windows 10.

Antilope, Jul 24, 2015
  13. CmmTch Win User

Windows 10 download

Go to settings>system>storage, then choose a drive to see what's taking up space. You don't need a 3rd party program.

CmmTch, Jul 24, 2015
  14. CalBear37 Win User
    I count 50 folders in the Windows folder. There's no telling how many sub-folders there are. If the large file is in one of those folders you really really need a special program to help figure out which one. File explorer and most file management programs do not give you folder size.

CalBear37, Jul 24, 2015
  15. Antilope Win User
    You can search for large (or any size) files in Windows Explorer.

Start Windows Explorer.

Click on "View", select "Hidden items". Now you will see hidden files.

Select the folders to search or go to C: (or other drive letter) and search the entire drive.

In the "Search Quick access" box on the upper right, type...

size: (make sure to include the colon sign)

These file size selections will appear in a drop down menu:

Empty (0 KB)
    Tiny (0 - 10 KB)
    Small (10 - 100 KB)
    Medium (100 KB - 1 MB)
    Large (1 - 16 MB)
    Huge (16 - 128 MB)
    Gigantic (> 128 MB)

Click on one of the file size selections to search for files in that size range.

Antilope, Jul 24, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 download

1. Windows 10 download - Similar Threads - download

2. Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up: Hey, so recently I've noticed some weird changes, commad program pops up out of the blue, the same with 2 unkown programs i've never seen before, while using my pc. Then one of them paused my video and muted it somehow, I've tried to use multiple anti-virus devices, but they...
  3. Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up: Hey, so recently I've noticed some weird changes, commad program pops up out of the blue, the same with 2 unkown programs i've never seen before, while using my pc. Then one of them paused my video and muted it somehow, I've tried to use multiple anti-virus devices, but they...
  4. Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Download music from cd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download music from cd.: I am trying to copy a CD to be able to transfer music to my MP3 Player. The CD downloads but when I try to play the song I receive the message that it cannot open. I have tried downloading different CD's and always receive the same message.Grateful if anybody could help.Ted...
  6. Download music from cd.

Download music from cd.: I am trying to copy a CD to be able to transfer music to my MP3 Player. The CD downloads but when I try to play the song I receive the message that it cannot open. I have tried downloading different CD's and always receive the same message.Grateful if anybody could help.Ted...
  7. am not able to download update 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    am not able to download update 23H2: i am not able to download update 23H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-not-able-to-download-update-23h2/146954d8-9eb5-414a-b7f4-ecfb6d1c386a
  8. am not able to download update 23H2

am not able to download update 23H2: i am not able to download update 23H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-not-able-to-download-update-23h2/146954d8-9eb5-414a-b7f4-ecfb6d1c386a
  9. How do you fix KB5034441 Download Error? Here is the Easy Way to Fix Windows 10 KB5034441...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix KB5034441 Download Error? Here is the Easy Way to Fix Windows 10 KB5034441...: The Easy Way to Fix Windows 10 KB5034441 Download ErrorThere are a lot of suggestions out there on how to fix the download error you get when trying to install the Windows 10 KB5034441 update. Most of them are very complex and require you to edit the registry. The video below...
  10. How do you fix KB5034441 Download Error? Here is the Easy Way to Fix Windows 10 KB5034441...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you fix KB5034441 Download Error? Here is the Easy Way to Fix Windows 10 KB5034441...: The Easy Way to Fix Windows 10 KB5034441 Download ErrorThere are a lot of suggestions out there on how to fix the download error you get when trying to install the Windows 10 KB5034441 update. Most of them are very complex and require you to edit the registry. The video below...