Windows 10: Windows 10 downloaded version, rebooting to safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 downloaded version, rebooting to safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why does Windows require entering your password to get into and out of Windows safe mode? I have been using the PINCODE normally since I dl'd this OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by guitz, Apr 2, 2016.

1. guitz Win User

Windows 10 downloaded version, rebooting to safe mode

Why does Windows require entering your password to get into and out of Windows safe mode? I have been using the PINCODE normally since I dl'd this OS and I really don't ever use the password, but apparently it won't let you use the PINcode, ...I was screwed and locked out of getting into either safemode or normal mode until I just so happened to remember it (and a strange anomaly, it did not want the first letter capatilized even though I thought I'd saved it as such)...weird!..

:)

guitz, Apr 2, 2016

2. Exit Windows from Safe Mode

Thank you for your help.

The approach to uninstall Kaspersky & reboot, re-verify safe mode is turned off & reboot; then download the
    latest version of Kaspersky (i.e., 16 @ this point in time) worked.

Rev. 16 of KAS was specifically put out to be compatible with Windows 10. I believe that is why it is a free download. Make sure all previous versions of KAS have been uninstalled, then reboot; download the latest version & reboot otherwise you will wind
    up with the Safe Mode warning, Partial KAS capability & no Windows Defender capability.

As a side note Windows Defender will not activate if you have another program like Kaspersky, Norton, etc. installed & running (or trying to run) as I did. Also, Windows Defender can not be shut down if there are no programs such as these actually running
    on your computer.

Douglas A Bailey, Apr 2, 2016
  3. cshaner Win User
    Windows 10 Does Not Update (latest update 12/14/2015)

FIXED!!!!

While researching this issue, one suggestion was to boot in "safe" mode and attempt the download. I was able to get safe mode but couldn't get safe mode with network. I rebooted not in safe mode and it just started doing the missing updates???????

Windows 10 has been a real pain since I updated from 8.1. I have lost one machine completely and had to pay to have it restored since I couldn't even get it into safe mode after the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1. The other machine erred out after the upgrade
    but a safe mode reboot fix it. Why would a safe mode reboot fix things?

If I knew more about about Linux or Mac tech, this is giving me more reason to make the switch.

cshaner, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

It's normal for a modern OS to ask for Administrator credentials for access to a diagnostic mode. I can remember the total lack of security on XP where a password free admin account was the default for Safe Mode .

As for not accepting a Pin. the Safe mode is pared down as much as possible to concentrate on the technical aspects, so Bells and Whistles, like the convenience PIN access are not available, things like fingerprint readers, of facial recognition, (apart from certain secure systems), are also not avail;able and the system reverts to it's secure position and requires a password

Barman58, Apr 2, 2016
  5. guitz Win User
    See, this I never understood.....for me (and probably millions of others), the very notion of needing that security is moot , because I am the only one who has ever , and who ever will access my PC, yet frequently like to get 'under the hood' to do certain things like running spyware checker programs in safe mode etc...MS should offer an option to use the PIN at the very least, since I'm using that daily, IMO.

guitz, Apr 2, 2016
  6. Barman58 Win User
    These days a high level of security is a requirement for any system that is connected at any time to the internet, I am the only one that accesses my systems but they all have passwords, two part verification, and sit behind hardware and software firewalls an full security systems, including HIPS, and sandboxes.

Due to professional reasons I do visit some unknown sites, but this sort of security is second nature to me

Barman58, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 downloaded version, rebooting to safe mode - Similar Threads - downloaded version rebooting

2. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem rebooting even in safe mode.: I'm having problems booting up , my computer just came up with a message that the program wasn't working and asked if it should shut down so I said yes and from that point it wouldn't boot up ,I kept trying and eventually it did so I was looking into what the problem was and...
  3. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem rebooting even in safe mode.: I'm having problems booting up , my computer just came up with a message that the program wasn't working and asked if it should shut down so I said yes and from that point it wouldn't boot up ,I kept trying and eventually it did so I was looking into what the problem was and...
  4. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode: I have tried going through troubleshooting and restarted in safe mode with networking but it does nothing, ive tried the command promt option but it still wont accept my password. Any ideas?...
  6. Can't Reboot Windows 10 in Normal Mode 'Stuck in endless Safe Mode!"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Reboot Windows 10 in Normal Mode 'Stuck in endless Safe Mode!": After the latest Windows 10 Update 8-10-2020...which required me to access my PC in Safe Mode thanks Microsoft for yet another *& upped update...I have attempted various recommended 'fixes' to enable me to reboot in 'normal mode; for example:...
  7. Windows 10 not recognizing pin after reboot to safe mode

Windows 10 not recognizing pin after reboot to safe mode: So my PC installed updates last Friday to Windows automatically which caused problems with system stability. It would keep rebooting while in use and got various blue screen error messages which included "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" and "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE". I went...
  8. BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode

BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode: Dell Latitude Laptop running Windows 10 1809 64 bit - Went to shut down laptop last night 12 May around 11:30 UT and immediately went to a BSOD KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and tried to restart. Ended up in the Windows Recovery Environment suggesting a restart. Selecting...
  9. Cannot reboot to get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reboot to get to safe mode: Need to reboot to open safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cannot-reboot-to-get-to-safe-mode/daf5089b-968f-4cbd-94ea-75a03076d82f
  10. Safe Mode Reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Safe Mode Reboot: Hi Jim here from Elliot Lake Ontario.... 6 hr north of Toronto and 2 hours east of the Soo, Mich Been retired here in the north for 20 years after a career with Bell Canada... in a variety of installation/repair/central office then sales marketing and consulting to outside...