Windows 10: Windows 10 - downloading .txt files from websites such as citibank

Discus and support Windows 10 - downloading .txt files from websites such as citibank in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, So I have recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7. When using windows 7 I would use the citibank website and download a file which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pav_b, Sep 5, 2019.

1. pav_b Win User

Windows 10 - downloading .txt files from websites such as citibank

Hi all,

So I have recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7.

When using windows 7 I would use the citibank website and download a file which was a text document and would save to a drive location I had previously mapped.

I would download a file which citibank shows the file name of as being 'FILENAME.TXT' and would download as such and save as such without me having to manually edit the name,

However now in win 10 when I download and click save as for the file the name gets changed to 'NUMBERS_FILE NAME.TXT' rather than the default name showing.

Wondering if the browser or enviornmnet could be affecting this - is there anything which may lead to windows assigning a name to the file even though it should already be named?

This is required as I then have to run a program which is coded to read the default file name as it used to come in win 7.

:)

pav_b, Sep 5, 2019

2. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 5, 2019
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Sep 5, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

Could he not use a wildacard ?. So it be dir %1 /a /s /b > *.txt and then it would list all .TXT files then.

AsRock, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - downloading .txt files from websites such as citibank - Similar Threads - downloading txt files

2. files download as a txt automaticaly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files download as a txt automaticaly: helloI'm trying to make a Minecraft server but the server file on the Minecraft website downloads as a txt.I don't know how to fix it and I cant fin any videos on the fix....
  3. files download as a txt automaticaly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    files download as a txt automaticaly: helloI'm trying to make a Minecraft server but the server file on the Minecraft website downloads as a txt.I don't know how to fix it and I cant fin any videos on the fix....
  4. files download as a txt automaticaly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive: When I try to open it, I get an error that the file is not found but I can open it from my PC.It points to...
  6. Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive: When I try to open it, I get an error that the file is not found but I can open it from my PC.It points to...
  7. .yml Downloading as .txt

.yml Downloading as .txt: I am trying to save as .yml. I changed the file type from text files to all files. That was the only other option. The file is saveing as filename.yml.txt. I need it to just save it as a .yml. filename.yml. Please, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am trying...
  8. Windows 10 not searching inside txt files

in Cortana
    Windows 10 not searching inside txt files: Hi, Windows 10 is not searching inside txt files anymore. How can I resolve this? [Note: I had a similar issue with Windows 10 not searching inside pdf files and was able to resolve that thanks to this article:...
  9. Issue with downloading files from some websites

Issue with downloading files from some websites: I recently purchased a new HP computer with Windows 10 Home (version 1803, OS Build 17134.441). I am able to download various programs (ie Malwarebytes and Chrome) with no problem, however when I try to download from some others like MyPowerChurch ( I can't recall the other...
  10. Edge browser downloads files as .txt & other problems.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser downloads files as .txt & other problems.: Edge browser worked fine a few days ago but today I had a major headache with it, first any program I downloaded refused to download, if I retried it downloaded a .txt file, choosing 'save as' only gave me text as an option. Two: Non of my extensions now work, nothing...